Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indirect abuse, cause of Ab/Dl'sm?

Default Indirect abuse, cause of Ab/Dl'sm?

Well I have continued to ponder why I'm AB/DL as I suppose I will. Some seem to think that the root of the cause is often from abuse, or can be. I know that my parents have never been abusive, however I just came to the recognition that perhaps seeing my friends parents and their effect, might have caused stress on me. I'm not trying to dis' on my friends parents, i have a lot of respect towards them, but i know sometimes they didn't do things quite right. There was a lot of yelling in that home, on account of both parents and children, and i know of one account where it drove my buddies dad mad enough that the Father hit him. The only direct influence I could see it having on me, is that my buddy had a bit of a thing about control, and so some of that anger sometimes came out on me.
    I have lived across the street from them from 3rd grade till 10th, and was always friends with them, but there was a lot of drama, and a whole lot more things going on than i can spend time describing.
    Do you suppose that Indirect abusive nature could be a reasonable cause for repressiveness? I have noticed that a lot of my behavior developed stronger during my time knowing them, however I do remember it existing beforehand.

It could? I guess? If a butterfly flapped its wings and one of the wings came off and hit you in the eye would that cause your AB/DL tendencies, fifty years in the past?! And what if you fell asleep, and then inside that dream, you saw someone across the street hit their kid, but they were really the ones asleep, and they were an AB/DL, and then everyone is an organic battery because we all live in the Matrix!

The thing about ABDLism is that it could be caused by anything or nothing. If you've had a bad childhood then that might cause you to want to regress (so you can have a second attempt at it), or perhaps it would cause you to try and distance yourself from childish things (to avoid revisiting those bad times). It works both ways.

In the vast majority of cases I doubt anyone could pin down the reasons why someone is an ABDL. I had this discussion when I 'came out of the nursery' to my mother - she wondered if she was to 'blame' for it. I reassured her that (in my case at least) I didn't think anything/any-one was to 'blame' for it.

was just thinking of this exact topic on my way home from work tonight.

I doubt that indirect abuse would lead to abdl'ism. I had established awhile ago that I had not had any abuse in my life early on after trying to pinpoint my infatuation. Tonight I explored that maybe the fact that I was hit and run over by a drunk driver when I was 2 1/2 had anything to do with it. The result maybe of spending months in a body cast and the odd idea that because of it I wasn't able to be diapered like a normal 2yr old because of the cast rusulting in a "missed period of time" being normally pampered. Instead I spent many visits to doctors who (God bless them) made sure I healed normally. I dismissed this notion alltogether due to the fact that I had plenty of time to be pampered and raised normally after the fact. I did have a propensity for the blanket and thumb-sucking later and can still recall blips of how comforting that felt. Lasted until maybe the age 6.

One interesting thing I've noticed about abdl's is that we tend to avoid over dramatic or overly-long stressfull situations. Our abilities at problem solving is amazing because of this. Keeping the peace if you will. We tend to be quite organized in our life because of this.

Would love to hear any other comments about this fascinating subject!

---------- Post added at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

I forgot to mention "early trauma". Could also be a trigger later in life.

Paranarchist

Sounds realistic.

Indirect abuse, how bout child mollestation? Or being forced as a child to touch someone else? Its disturbing stuff, but true.

I don't think your AB/DLism was caused by another family's strife, because you always returned to your home where you were nurtured and where you knew you were safe. There is a remote possibility of course. I was abused by my cousins when I was 7, and 8 years old, but I know that's not why I like diapers because I wanted diapers again when I was 4 years old, and started acting on it when I was 6.

Theories involving fetishes usually include our love map, associating sex when we are very young. I think potty training has a big influence playing into the love map and our fascination with wetting/messing our diapers and pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    It could? I guess? If a butterfly flapped its wings and one of the wings came off and hit you in the eye would that cause your AB/DL tendencies, fifty years in the past?! And what if you fell asleep, and then inside that dream, you saw someone across the street hit their kid, but they were really the ones asleep, and they were an AB/DL, and then everyone is an organic battery because we all live in the Matrix!
    Day made lol xD

I'm 99% certain that my AB/DL tendencies come from the fact that from a young age I was often expected to act a lot more mature than I was, and there were other expectations and pressures in my life which DID damage me in a lot of ways, and likely caused my ABDL issues as a reaction to this- when I was diapered, I was free from pressures, free from these things I didn't want.

That is really interesting. I found out about a year ago that my ABDL tendencies [I]may have been caused[I]by abuse that I have blocked out and trauma that it caused. Sometimes I think it was partly brought out by enduring a bad marriage but either way sometimes I wonder why am this way and other times I accept it. It isn't always easy to just "like" that side of myself

I'm sorry...I didn't read the title well....My post doesn't really fit... apologies.
    Last edited by Angelbaby; 26-Dec-2011 at 04:26.