Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiding diapers in a lockable chest, trunk, or tote? Need Suggestions, please.

Default Hiding diapers in a lockable chest, trunk, or tote? Need Suggestions, please.

Anyone know where to get some sort of container where I can hide a case of diapers and other materials? I was thinking of maybe there being some sort of tote that is lockable so people can't access. I've moved back home after school for a while and don't want people snooping. Anyways, has anyone bought such a container, if so, what do you guys think? Thank in advance.

Try getting a Lockable suitcase or a wooden chest like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Wooden_Country_chest.JPG 
Views:	788 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	7029

Get a lock and you should be fine. I know I am.

Good idea... a suitcas. Didn't think of that, thankyou foxyo! Keep the ideas flowing.

For a long time I hid mine in a suite case that locked in my closet. You can get one for fairly cheap at Walmart that comes with a lock, or you can go to the hard ware section of Walmart and find a lock for a suit case it you already have a bag or other lockable item. I mean, people see a suitcase in your closet and they think you just store it in there, no one is going to think "oh a suit case being stored in a closet, I wonder whats inside." The lock is just for precaution.

Just hope that people don't go looking for an extra suitcase and check for one in your closet.. or wonder why you aren't bringing your brand new suitcase on vacation.

I use a typical locking camp chest and have it at the bottom of my closet. Holds about 4 packs of diapers and can be locked with a pad lock. If asked what's inside (which almost never happens) I just say i have OCD with wanting things to lock (which I truly do) and just vaguely explain that its filled with some old clothes and keepsakes.

Let's just hope the people of the house won't want to consider picking a lock to find out what you are trying to hide. It's a good alternative, but some people still will want to find out what is inside.

I recall reading that locks generally cause suspicion or curiosity, but one thing that might work is an old cardboard box under your bed which is where I hide my stash

I would go for a used suitcase from a thrift store, something that looks boring and has a built in lock if possible. In regards to dprdinky's comment about picking the lock, I few people would be so dedicated/rude, but you know the people with whom you live better than I. Just don't be like me and lose the key.

a locked box might cause suspicion or curiosity,

but a locked suitcase is less likely.

If nothing else fill it with personal items and let people that might wonder what is in it see it open once in a while till they think they know already what is in it.
    Then you can hide your diapers in it.

I had a large wooden chest i built in high school but my parents never did look at it closely as it had a hidden compartment in the bottom that they never found.

I later went in the navy and after boot camp i used the same chest in my barracks room as a oversize foot locker and the navy conducted room searches and they never found the hidden compartment or the 1911 .45 i kept in it.

Hmm, i guess i was lucky enough to live with people who respected my privacy my whole life.

I also have another smaller stash in an old back pack with a teeny tiny master lock holding the two zippers together that hides in the overhang of the back pack material. Works too.