Thread: My body... it hates me...

Default My body... it hates me...

WOOHOO!
    okay, now that that's out of the way...

i just came back from my first day back on a snowboard. i did some things that i probably shouldn't have (like launch myself 10 feet into the air with no idea on how to land, except on my face), but in the end... it was worth it.

also, if you ever plan on starting out in snowboarding or getting equipment for someone else: make sure you PERSONALLY fit your/their boots. if you just guess the size (boot sizings vary greatly between brands) then you will end up with a boot that doesn't fit properly.

anyway, just throwin this out here

I can't even tell you how many times I've broken myself snowboarding! If it can be broken, dislocated, or bruised, I've done it snowboarding. Ahhhhh, it's always worth it though. My body hates me too because of it, so I definitely feel your pain there!

I will second the advice about getting boots that fit properly too! I can't tell you how many problems are caused by having the wrong size boot.

never tried it i went skiing once hated it :P wasnt for me kept rolling down the hill

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    WOOHOO!
    okay, now that that's out of the way...

i just came back from my first day back on a snowboard. i did some things that i probably shouldn't have (like launch myself 10 feet into the air with no idea on how to land, except on my face), but in the end... it was worth it.

also, if you ever plan on starting out in snowboarding or getting equipment for someone else: make sure you PERSONALLY fit your/their boots. if you just guess the size (boot sizings vary greatly between brands) then you will end up with a boot that doesn't fit properly.

anyway, just throwin this out here
    I'm a skier myself, and I have had my fare share of crashes so don't worry about it