Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous

Default Nervous

Hi, Im new at this and i have a question it might sound silly, but is it normal to feel stupid for wanting to act younger ? I mean i love when i act like a baby/toddler, but sometimes i just feel stupid and nervous, and then i start thinking that i shoudnt do it. Is that normal?

I'd say that it is normal. It is just your conditioning fighting with your desires. For years while growing up we are told to not do this or that anymore because we aren't children anymore. While that is helpful with most people in maturing, for those with our unique mental programming it causes a lot of turmoil later in life. I myself have found that sometimes I become jealous of those who have mild retardation because they can get away with behaviors in public that I am still sometimes embarrassed about in private.

My advice is just to take it slow with what you do. It took years for you to learn to be comfortable with acting like an adult so it might take as long for you to learn to be comfortable with acting like a child again in private.
    Last edited by JackTheWriter; 17-Dec-2011 at 00:10.

Im gonna take your advice, and take things slow.
    Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheWriter View Post
    ...with acting like a child again in private.
    In private, indeed. Keep in mind Onlyme, that it can be rough doing this in public. People generally are fairly sensitive to this sort of thing, so just be aware of that if you decide to do this in public.

When you're in private, than yeah, I would agree with the behavioral conditioning that adults get. Just take it slow, and even praise yourself when you feel good about being little. Praise is what taught us when we were younger, it can teach us when we're older.

Thank you for posting this! I was actually going to start a thread about it, too. Lately, it has felt wrong wanting to regress..I had to stop myself multiple times, which really hurt :c I'm going through the inner-struggles of acceptance again. It's kind of a cycle. So, you're not the only one. But, let's face it, being a baby at these ages isn't normal. It probably never will be. But, it makes us happy, and it feels natural, so quite frankly, we just have to forget about normality. I'm AB and proud!!

I did when I was younger, but over the years I achieved acceptance. I'm sure you will too.

I felt 'wrong' about it for about a year, until I found this site, but even then it crept back up on me occasionally. It really got bad when I bought my first pacifier because first of all I had it, that felt wrong, then I intended to use it, which felt really wrong, because well, those are for babies right?

Yeah when I finally got around to using it, it took some effort to actually get it into my mouth, I really couldn't get over the fact that it was for real babies. But when I did, it was like I just let everything including those feelings just fall out of my body. Nothing is more relieving than using a pacifier for the first time.

Anyways, yeah it's normal, and goes away with time and experience.

[QUOTE=oblivionxi1;787212]
    Yeah when I finally got around to using it, it took some effort to actually get it into my mouth, I really couldn't get over the fact that it was for real babies. But when I did, it was like I just let everything including those feelings just fall out of my body. Nothing is more relieving than using a pacifier for the first time.

Same! As soon as I allow myself to regress I completely relax and all of the tension and confusion goes away.

When I first started doing ABDL stuff I was very conscious of how daft I must have looked to an outside observer (if one happened to be hiding in the bathroom whilst I was there) and how "adults don't do this". However, it now seems way more natural to me than acting like an adult. The only real solution is to take it slowly and gradually get used to it