Thread: My order came, but omg was it a pain.

Default My order came, but omg was it a pain.

I finally got my order, but it was a pain. I show up at the post office today at 10am to check my box, nothing. I leave and when I get home it says there was a notice left, the 3 minutes later it said being returned. So I rushed up there and find out that the box I opened Monday was JUST opened that day so it didn't register as being my box. Thankfully I got my order before it got shipped back and boy was that box huge when he walked out with it. I was just imagining a case if I decided to buy one. This was just 2 bags from Bambinos.

Now, I haven't been in a diaper for about 1 1/2 years now and I'm loving it again XD. Don't know why I took a break from it and then all of the sudden wanted to buy some. Only thing is I got a large because mediums were barely fitting me, but large is WAY to big. It comes at least 2 inches above my belly. Also, I tried laying it out on the floor as flat as I could, but the back of it is way to loose I think and bunched up. Any tips for that?

Also, it looks like Bambinos fixed the tapes on their Teddy diapers finally.

Yeah, the boxes are pretty big, but those are big diapers :P. Got my package of teddy's on Monday, the mediums are a bit snug but eh, I think they fit me better than the Abena's I was wearing... look nicer too imo.

Its going to suck when my mom gets back home though. She's caught me a few times, but most she said was throw em out once used if I was using them. That was a couple times about a 5 years ago.

I wonder if I should risk wearing under cloths around the house, I do wear really baggy cargo pants every day.

I wouldn't worry about wearing them under your clothes, as long as it isn't poking out of your pants where someone can see you should be fine.

Well, they come like an inch or more over the top of my pants because they're so big on me. Could just tuck the top in so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I finally got my order, but it was a pain. I show up at the post office today at 10am to check my box, nothing. I leave and when I get home it says there was a notice left, the 3 minutes later it said being returned. So I rushed up there and find out that the box I opened Monday was JUST opened that day so it didn't register as being my box. Thankfully I got my order before it got shipped back and boy was that box huge when he walked out with it. I was just imagining a case if I decided to buy one. This was just 2 bags from Bambinos.
    Bryce,

I too am living at home with my parents currently and would love to get my hands on some of the diapers only found on the internet, specifically Bambinos. They are going out of town and I will have a two week window to order some things.. I was hoping Bambinos would be one those things. Through your post are you saying it's too risky? One time when they went out of town I ordered some plastic pants and it was a stomach-wretchingly close call. I think they ended up coming in the morning my parents were supposed to return. The only problem is that mid week of that two weeks, I myself have to leave for business.. I just don't want be in a situation where they either come while I AM away or come too early. Getting cold feet on the whole idea.. Because in a perfect world, you set a delivery date and they arrive, but this is far from a perfect world. What would your advice be from your experience?

I bought a PO Box and paid extra for the 2-3 day shipping via USPS. I have no problem hiding em though.

Don't really know what to say.

I'm at my parents' place too (they don't know, I plan on keeping it that way) and have a decent way of receiving packages. All of my methods require a car and the opportunity--however short--to transfer packages from car to hiding place.

For UPS shippers (Bambino cases & packages, XP Medical cases & packages, the Disney Store Online ^^), I will have the package sent to a UPS Customer Center. Address the package to your name, "Hold for Pickup," then the center's address. UPS Customer Centers (these are different from UPS Stores) will hold your package for free. These places are the big, industrial/warehouse looking centers where the UPS trucks are dispatched from and park; their locations can be found on the UPS.com site. Just show a picture ID and sign for the package. They will only hold the package for so long; I'm unsure if it is 2 weeks, 1 week, or less, since I usually get there the day of delivery or only a day after. Call your local center to make sure.

Another option for UPS is to ship to a UPS Store. However, they will charge a fee ($5 or $10 per package, depending on weight--a case of Bambinos or Abena Delta-forms have each run me only $5, but I think they were close to the limit) and photocopy your drivers' license. You can also get a box (similar to a PO Box) to avoid the fee but for occasional shipments, the boxes would be end up being more expensive. They also have a limit on how long they will hold your package; call the local store to check their policy.

For USPS shippers (most diaper samples, most Ebay sellers, and I think Pacifiers R Us), I send the package to the post office via General Delivery. Just write the address as "your name, General Delivery, city, ZIP code." You do have to be careful: for large metropolitan areas, there is usually only one post office (main branch) that will accept general deliveries. Check the USPS website for the post office you are thinking of using and make sure that General Delivery is listed as one of their services--and make sure to pay attention to the ZIP code you send it to. Again, call to check how long they will hold packages; my Post Office says 15 days. They will just hold the package somewhere behind the counter or in the back; I don't think they would appreciate huuge packages (some post offices don't have much space as it is) nor would they appreciate super-frequent mail (that's what PO Boxes are for). But for the occasional small-ish package, they will hold it for free. Just give them a drivers' license to verify your identity when you pick it up.