Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Opinions needed....

  1. #1

    Question Opinions needed....

    So, after a rather nerve wracking episode about two weeks ago where my Mom discovered my stash while I was away at swim team conditioning, I unwillingly opened up to her about tbdl*

    I tried to explain it in the most minimal way possible, so she might still be a bit confused. However, she was mostly understanding and seems to be ok with it as long as it doesn't interfere with school and whatnot.

    Now long before this happened I had been planning on ordering some 'good' diapers online, until now I've only been able to get store bought brands. I finally decided on some Bambino's Today's (by the way, why can't they make small sizes...?). I finally ordered them not too long ago and they are supposed to be here by the end of the week. Here is where my problem comes in;

    Over Christmas break It's going to be just me and my Mom, as the rest of my family is going out west on a hunting trip (kind of redneck I know). What I need an opinion on is how I deal with my mom's semi-acceptance once this case of bambino's gets here. In a perfect world she wouldn't mind me wearing around the house, but I'm worried that will be too much too soon.

    Any suggestions on what to do here? Any help is greatly appreciated!

  2. #2

    Post Be considerate

    Look, take your mom's semi-acceptance as a blessing, but also take it with a grain of salt. If you were vague, I would personally stick to keeping it just as quiet as you did before. Even if she was cool with it, she probably doesn't fully understand what exactly she's cool with. Just stick to your guns and be glad you didn't land in therapy. From personal experience with coming out to a girlfriend, these things take time any way. It doesn't mean you say it and then suddenly you can romp around in nothing but diapers or show up to a family dinner crinkling about. Count your lucky stars and resume your regular silent diaper routines.

    And believe me, I am an advocate of expressing one's self and being who you are, but i would never share something like this with a parent. And I understand you had to explain yourself, but thats not what I mean. Wearing and wetting your diaper around them while them KNOWING what you're up to is what I mean. Partly because DLism (at least to me) is a sexual act and why put something like this on your parents? No that AB/DLism is wrong or bad, it's just that to regular people this isn't the easiest thing to understand and we should respect that.. And also they already had to deal with your diapers once!

  3. #3
    alu

    Default

    my mum accepts me but still i don't wear round the house (un-covered) due to respect and really do you really want others too see it. or how do you thing your mum will feel watching her 17 year old son walk round in babyish diaper's. Think yourself lucky for acceptance. My suggestion is to keep it private and to collect them and put them away asap, or at most wear discretely under clothes.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WangChi View Post
    Look, take your mom's semi-acceptance as a blessing, but also take it with a grain of salt. If you were vague, I would personally stick to keeping it just as quiet as you did before. Even if she was cool with it, she probably doesn't fully understand what exactly she's cool with. Just stick to your guns and be glad you didn't land in therapy. From personal experience with coming out to a girlfriend, these things take time any way. It doesn't mean you say it and then suddenly you can romp around in nothing but diapers or show up to a family dinner crinkling about. Count your lucky stars and resume your regular silent diaper routines.

    And believe me, I am an advocate of expressing one's self and being who you are, but i would never share something like this with a parent. And I understand you had to explain yourself, but thats not what I mean. Wearing and wetting your diaper around them while them KNOWING what you're up to is what I mean. Partly because DLism (at least to me) is a sexual act and why put something like this on your parents? No that AB/DLism is wrong or bad, it's just that to regular people this isn't the easiest thing to understand and we should respect that.. And also they already had to deal with your diapers once!
    That was my thought exactly,

    Although my Mom would never send me to therapy for something like this as diapers around our house are not that uncommon (my younger brother actually wore Goodnites for bedwetting for quite some time).

    I had originally planned to never mention tbdl* ever again to my Mom, except for a quick request that she keep it a secret to herself.

    The idea to discreetly wear a diaper around her came from an online friend(emphasis on discreet, I'd probably have sweatpants/jeans on over it, and using it would be absolutely out of the question). She suggested that I consider doing this just the one time to figure out moms reaction. If she reacted positively (which for me would mean no reaction at all) that could open up all kinds of doors. A bad reaction, which I think is unlikely seeing how she took the news a few weeks back, would simply mean I keep things the way the way they are now (aka secret).

    Really the main thing I'd like to get out of all this is the ability to order diapers online without having to go through the nightmare I had to endure to get the bambinos currently on their way here. It's really a headache having to be so secretive.

    Sorry for the long windedness! :x

    ---------- Post added 14-12-2011 at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was 12-12-2011 at 19:11 ----------

    Hey everyone, sorry for the double post...but I just wanted to fill ya in on something interesting that just happened today.

    I just got home from a friends house where I stayed last night, when I got home I saw a big box leaning up against my bedroom door. Not good.

    I quickly hid it away, but like half an hour ago I passed mom in the kitchen and she said;
    "Did you move that box out of the hallway? I think your diapers came in the mail..." The rest was just small talk,

    I'm here in my room nervous as hell now, I haven't even had the chance to open the package yet. I have no idea how she knows what's in the box, because it clearly hasn't been opened yet. Nothing on the box itself says anything about the contents either, all that's on it is a tiny little "BH GROUP".
    Last edited by Dan09; 14-Dec-2011 at 20:06.

  5. #5

    Default

    I have read a thread before return addresses that are supposed to be discreet but if you google them it comes up as an abdl diaper supplier, maybe she googled the return address, did she open the box or is it completely sealed, did she hear you talking about ordering, use her credit card, etc, etc. Either way it doesnt matter how she knows, it just matters that she knows. It sounds like she is not to thrilled about it, if she didnt care I dont think she would have said your diapers came, she would have just said a package came and she would have left it at that. I just hope for your sake, she doesnt tell other family members or friends about it, maybe you should try to have a discussion with her again if she is willing to do so, before the rest of your family comes back. Let us know what happens

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    I'm here in my room nervous as hell now, I haven't even had the chance to open the package yet. I have no idea how she knows what's in the box, because it clearly hasn't been opened yet. Nothing on the box itself says anything about the contents either, all that's on it is a tiny little "BH GROUP".
    She probably googled either BH Group, or the return address.

  7. #7

    Default

    Dude, you are most likely fine. Just remain calm, hide your diapers in your stash and lay low for a few days. If she truly said "I think your diapers came" then she is trying to humor you a little and be thankful for that.

    If you want to wear a diaper around her under your clothes to get your reaction, I'd wait until at least tomorrow or the day after to let any awkwardness clear up. But don't stay cooped up in your room and make yourself sick over it. Take a deep breath, most likely everything is cool.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WangChi View Post
    Dude, you are most likely fine. Just remain calm, hide your diapers in your stash and lay low for a few days. If she truly said "I think your diapers came" then she is trying to humor you a little and be thankful for that.

    If you want to wear a diaper around her under your clothes to get your reaction, I'd wait until at least tomorrow or the day after to let any awkwardness clear up. But don't stay cooped up in your room and make yourself sick over it. Take a deep breath, most likely everything is cool.
    Well, wearing in front of her now got pushed onto the backburner after what just happened. I was originally planning on waiting until Christmas morning anyways.

    For now I'm just trying to avoid saying anything to her, my heart is pounding like mad atm. She didnt seem mad at all that this big package was here. I can't believe UPS decides on today of all days to deliver two days early. >_>

  9. #9

    Default

    Hahah, that is life, my friend.

    If you can keep your cool, you'll be fine. I'd say if a week goes by and everything seems normal, then it is. But, if you walk around shaking and completely on edge, then you will be intervened and have to talk about it more. People will most likely get more worried than they should. She is trying to show you she is (or at least trying to be) fine with this, so you should show her you are fine with her BEING fine with this. hah. If there really is a problem then it will most likely only come in the window of the next week, but if you act natural then I doubt anything will happen.

    Breath.. Happy places.. Serenity now..

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WangChi View Post
    Hahah, that is life, my friend.

    If you can keep your cool, you'll be fine. I'd say if a week goes by and everything seems normal, then it is. But, if you walk around shaking and completely on edge, then you will be intervened and have to talk about it more. People will most likely get more worried than they should. She is trying to show you she is (or at least trying to be) fine with this, so you should show her you are fine with her BEING fine with this. hah. If there really is a problem then it will most likely only come in the window of the next week, but if you act natural then I doubt anything will happen.

    Breath.. Happy places.. Serenity now..
    Thanks for the advice, I was a little freaked out earlier but I'm alright now.

    I'm just sort of stunned that all this happened, I had planned to get this package on a day where I'd have the house to myself originally. I just need some time to think what I'm gonna do now that mom apparently knows and is fine with it to some extent.

    Times like this must be the reason why people take to drinking...hah.

Similar Threads

  1. opinions
    By FauxPas in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-Nov-2010, 16:44
  2. Looking for some opinions
    By diaperedteenager in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-Apr-2010, 23:35
  3. Opinions.
    By ChildishDaze in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 18-Mar-2010, 03:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.