Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Free Games

Default Favourite Free Games

What's everyone's favourite games that are entirely free to play? My personal favourite at the moment is probably Realm of the Mad God, which is a massively multiplayer fantasy shoot-em-up with players facing off against monsters in different areas with the ultimate aim of killing the server's god, at which point that server resets. It also has permadeath.

Dwarf Fortress is a really good management game as well, so long as you don't get annoyed to death by your dwarves locking themselves on the wrong side of floodgates as you're filling them with lava and so on. It's got a really complicated industry system, but thankfully you can ignore most of that at the start.

Other games which I've enjoyed included Runescape, but after a while the limitation of the free to play mode there get too frustrating to keep playing, and Minecraft Classic (of course, the problem with Minecraft Classic is that Minecraft itself has pretty much sapped away all the players now, so the free to play version isn't as enjoyable now as back before I bought Alpha.)
    Last edited by Hex; 12-Dec-2011 at 17:25.

my favorite free game of all time is world of tanks. it's the same quality as any high-budget driving game.
    they even released a retail version with some extra stuff in it, and lots of people are buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    It also has permadeath.
    What is permadeath?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    What is permadeath?
    Your character dies, you have to start a new one.

Eash, that stinks. I'd hate to put hours or weeks into a toon and just loose it.

League of Legends - Without a doubt the most awesomeness for free you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Eash, that stinks. I'd hate to put hours or weeks into a toon and just loose it.
    The average lifespan of a character in Realm of the Mad God is about 30 minutes, and the maximum is about 6 hours. I can see why it's annoying in some games, but what it does in Realm of the Mad God is to basically de-emphasise levelling a lot, because you'll have another new character in an hour.

I don't play free games, but I'd be ticked if WoW was set up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
    League of Legends - Without a doubt the most awesomeness for free you can have.
    This, its so awesome and its one of the most played PC games :P

I take it back I played Dungens and Dragons Online

It is a mixed free and pay two play, but you can play free without missing out on the experience.