Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Powder or oil, do you guys use it?

Default Powder or oil, do you guys use it?

Just wondering if you guys use baby powder or oil. I am thinking of using some. I want to use powder, but I don't want my room smelling like a nursery. Does oil give a good feel?

I used powder and barrier cream to prevent rashes. An 'vanilla' diaper feels different to a powdered diaper which feels different to a diaper with barrier cream. Beware that some creams can actually reduce the absorbency of the diaper or compromise the leg guards. It also appears to destroy plastic pants.

Perhaps you could buy a small bottle of powder to give it a quick try. If you like it then great and if not the odds are you're room isn't going to smell like a nursery if you've only used it once.

I bought some yesterday as it happens, but haven't used any yet. I love the smell though

I use powder most of the time, and have forever. you can get unsented if you don't like the smell. I know lots of guys that I have worked with that are not DL that use powder all summer to prevent heat rash and chaffing from blue jeans

I use baby power when changing. I also usually add some diaper rash cream, to between my cheeks. I can very quickly start to get a diaper rash, so I try my hardest to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    I use baby power when changing. I also usually add some diaper rash cream, to between my cheeks. I can very quickly start to get a diaper rash, so I try my hardest to prevent it.
    Yes that can be good to work hard to avoid it.

funseeker

The best option is to use an oil or vasoline as the base around in the diaper area and then select either the scented or non-scented baby powder.
    You can also go the way of corn starch baby powder and most do not smell.
    The vasoline also comes in a nice nursery scent that is just great.

Good luck to you as this for me is a no rash formula

I've never had diaper rash as an adult... THANK GOD. My routine includes oil between the cheeks, lotion on the crotch and powder on the thighs. It's a winning combo that keeps me happy and smelling wonderful.

Usually, I don't use anything. I probably can get away with this since I don't sit around in used padding for very long.

However, on weekends, when I have the whole day to myself (AKA: now), I will use powder. Occasionally, I'll add some lotion, but powder is my default and favorite at the moment.

I always use powder. I have never had diaper rash and I wear them as long as I can. I put plenty of powder inside the diaper first and then put that on. I find that the easiest way to do it. It seems to be working fine for me so far.