Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: School

Default School

Tomorrow is my second, first day of 11th grade. when do you all start?

My last day of school was a looooong time ago, but the only can tell you guys get as much as you can out of school, because it will pay you back in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    My last day of school was a looooong time ago, but the only can tell you guys get as much as you can out of school, because it will pay you back in the long run.
    I can attest to that. I had only been working about a year when an opening came up in the surveying group that was part of the engineering dept. I worked in. The dept. manager pulled me into his office one day and asked if I was interested in the position. The company had actually gone back to the high school records of their employees and saw I carried an "A" average in the surveying course I took. On that basis they wanted me to have the position. I was really surprised because, up to that time, I figured employers were only interested in whether you had a diploma or not, and didn't ever check your actual course grades. So ballucanb is right on target with that statement.

Oh, and in case you're curious, I turned down the position. Reason: I liked indoor work much better. Things turned out OK because I got a promotion anyway.

~Pramrider

September 2nd is my first day at university, but I have orientation for a couple days this week. I'm really not sure what to expect and feel more nervous than excited.

Yea I started like 2 weeks and so it was been a pretty easy class load, still no homework and I am in 11th grade.

i start on the 3rd and I'm going to be in 11th grade