Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think anti-drug education in schools is a BIT far-fetched?

Default Do you think anti-drug education in schools is a BIT far-fetched?

I saw a poster on a door in my old high school that had a before-and-after drawing, showing a man's life BEFORE weed, and AFTER. The first drawing he seemed happy, but in the second one he was in the hospital dying.

I mean, don't you think that's a LITTLE far-fetched, especially for marijuana? I know it's not good for you, from a sober man's standpoint. But my God, it won't put you in the hospital! It would make more sense if they put a needle in the mix!

I'm not trying to promote smoking, it's just something to be observed.

Well, yeah. I don't know many people who chain-smoke joints. Such people *do* exist, but...

Of course, it's hard to miss all the messages here: Drugs are bad, smoking is bad, etc.

I guess the real question is: Because this particular poster has offended your intelligence, are you going to smoke weed just to spite it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Well, yeah. I don't know many people who chain-smoke joints. Such people *do* exist, but...

Of course, it's hard to miss all the messages here: Drugs are bad, smoking is bad, etc.

I guess the real question is: Because this particular poster has offended your intelligence, are you going to smoke weed just to spite it?
    Well...no...haha good question!

I don't know, things like that just kind of make me upset for some reason. It gives people who take that knowledge in a false sense of what is bad and what is good.

EDIT: NOT THAT SMOKING IS GOOD. Just a general idea of how people can be mislead on other topics!
    Man, you have to be real careful with this kind of stuff...

Yea, and according to the Last assembly we had on drugs, you drink one sip of alcohal and youll get addicted and be an alcohalic, then die from alcohal poisening -.-

I have experimented with a few illegal narcotics (not worth it by the way much easier to just stay away from that stuff) but weed is not like most drugs, it can't kill you. It is labelled as a "gateway drug" as in if you try it you will probly want to try the harsher drugs. Not true! For most people, weed will not give you a craving for crack or meth or even shrooms. At the risk of sounding like a hippie, weed is dangerous because of the way you go about getting it ( a drug dealer) and if you could get it safely as in its taxed, restricted and lawed it would be much safer. Not to mention the benefits it has towards cancer patients and many other serious illnesses. It is far less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes just no minors and no driving while high.
    This is only my opinion based on what ive seen. Some people do smoke more often than they should. I do not smoke weed as it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    I have experimented with a few illegal narcotics (not worth it by the way much easier to just stay away from that stuff) but weed is not like most drugs, it can't kill you. It is labelled as a "gateway drug" as in if you try it you will probly want to try the harsher drugs. Not true! For most people, weed will not give you a craving for crack or meth or even shrooms. At the risk of sounding like a hippie, weed is dangerous because of the way you go about getting it ( a drug dealer) and if you could get it safely as in its taxed, restricted and lawed it would be much safer. Not to mention the benefits it has towards cancer patients and many other serious illnesses. It is far less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes just no minors and no driving while high.
    This is only my opinion based on what ive seen. Some people do smoke more often than they should. I do not smoke weed as it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    Yeah, I agree about the gateway thing, it isn't one unless you want it to be. If anyone has ever done their own research, they know that there is a gap a mile wide between weed and harder drugs. Same can go for some makes of acid as well.

I personally think that if weed were legal, then there would be far less jail-time for everyone, and that it would lose its essence of being totally dangerous, illegal, and for the cool kids, and so people would not even smoke it as much as they do today. I suspect quite a few do, and I think people get started on it in their teen years, where rebelling is the cool thing.

The only reason it IS illegal is that the government somehow is unable to tax it. Also, there have been ZERO deaths directly related to smoking, while alcohol has killed many people both directly and indirectly, and yet THAT'S legal. Does that make any sense whatsoever?

I didn't think so.
    Last edited by TenSwords; 10-Dec-2011 at 09:39. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    Yeah, I agree about the gateway thing, it isn't one unless you want it to be. If anyone has ever done their own research, they know that there is a gap a mile wide between weed and harder drugs. Same can go for some makes of acid as well.

I personally think that if weed were legal, then there would be far less jail-time for everyone, and that it would lose its essence of being totally dangerous, illegal, and for the cool kids, and so people would not even smoke it as much as they do today. I suspect quite a few do, and I think people get started on it in their teen years, where rebelling is the cool thing.

The only reason it IS illegal is that the government somehow is unable to tax it. Also, there have been ZERO deaths directly related to smoking, while alcohol has killed many people both directly and indirectly, and yet THAT'S legal. Does that make any sense whatsoever?

I didn't think so.
    I come from B.C. (south-west most province of Canada) weed is very big around here. We even have weed named after us (B.C. bud :P) so I know first hand what it can do. It grows so easily and almost all over the world which is why it is so hard to tax. That and the fact that hemp is cheaper than paper (paper and wood companies where loosing money because of hemp and they paid off the people in power at the time to make it illegal) is why it became illegal in the 1930s. In fact up untill that point hemp was a vital crop to human society, everyone grew it and weed with it. In the U.S. as of 2007, 872,720 weed related arrests where made.
    Then theres acid haha. Acid is an interesting topic as it totally warps reality and makes you wonder what reality really is. Very philosophical stuff right there. Im not to sure how bad it is for you though, it might be pretty harmfull stuff.

alu

Many places use this as a scare tactic so that they can stop the idea from coming into the person's head. Although it is fact to the more knowledgeable that many things such as alcohol and weed don't effect you that much, even at all depending on the amount taken. I'm not saying drugs aren't bad im just saying there not as bad as they make out, and they use the tactic to stop the idea at first chance they can.

I come from B.C. (south-west most province of Canada) weed is very big around here. We even have weed named after us (B.C. bud :P) so I know first hand what it can do. It grows so easily and almost all over the world which is why it is so hard to tax. That and the fact that hemp is cheaper than paper (paper and wood companies where loosing money because of hemp and they paid off the people in power at the time to make it illegal) is why it became illegal in the 1930s. In fact up untill that point hemp was a vital crop to human society, everyone grew it and weed with it. In the U.S. as of 2007, 872,720 weed related arrests where made.
    Then theres acid haha. Acid is an interesting topic as it totally warps reality and makes you wonder what reality really is. Very philosophical stuff right there. Im not to sure how bad it is for you though, it might be pretty harmfull stuff.
    OMG that's bad for you... Fun... but damn it's scary.

A reminder to anyone who cares to listen, if you are going to do these sorts of things just think place, time, and most importantly who you do it with. And it's always advisable to do your research first so you actually have some idea what your embarking on. There are many forums dedicated to these things with plenty of good information.

I think this topic is walking a fine line, but it's up to a mod of course. Just a quick reminder as to ADISC's riles (https://www.adisc.org/forum/announce...7-rules.html):

- Do not promote self-destructive things, like self harm or drug use.
    - Do not promote illegal activities, like drugs, downloading copyrighted material, etc.

As for the original topic I have seen some fairly convincing arguments against using this kind of propaganda, and believe an honest approach is the way to go.