Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How'd this one get through to be a license plate?

Default How'd this one get through to be a license plate?

Driving home the other night and I see one of the original Cooper Mini cars (the ones you find in Britain, not these over-sized models now being sold in the U.S.) and it has a license plate that made me stop and say "WTF"?

California plate with the heart symbol in it. License plate was 'I (heart) BDSM'.

Well now, isn't that just special! I'm glad they shared!

Hahaha that's amusing...and a tad embarrassing. Imagine pulling into your parents house for christmas XD. What would the neighbors think? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    Driving home the other night and I see one of the original Cooper Mini cars (the ones you find in Britain, not these over-sized models now being sold in the U.S.) and it has a license plate that made me stop and say "WTF"?

California plate with the heart symbol in it. License plate was 'I (heart) BDSM'.

Well now, isn't that just special! I'm glad they shared!
    And now I show my ignorance, that acronym means what exactly?

The only U.S. state license plate with a heart on it, that I am aware, is Alabama. It's a small heart for "Heart Of Dixie", which is one of the state's nicknames.

In my state, and I imagine most of the other states, you cannot have letters what suggest any adult themes, such as BDSM, FU, WTF; or any "insensetive" letters, like "KKK" or "NAZI".

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyBenjamin View Post
    And now I show my ignorance, that acronym means what exactly?
    B - Bondage
    D - Domination
    S - Submissive or Sadist
    M - Masochism

From Wikipedia:

"BDSM is an erotic preference and a form of sexual expression involving the consensual use of restraint, intense sensory stimulation, and fantasy power role-play. The compound acronym BDSM is derived from the terms bondage and discipline (B&D or B/D), dominance and submission (D&S or D/s), and sadism and masochism (S&M or S/M). BDSM includes a wide spectrum of activities, forms of interpersonal relationships, and distinct subcultures."
    Last edited by AnalogRTO; 07-Dec-2011 at 21:36. Reason: Added wikipedia info

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    B - Bondage
    D - Domination
    S - Submissive or Sadist
    M - Masochism

From Wikipedia:

"BDSM is an erotic preference and a form of sexual expression involving the consensual use of restraint, intense sensory stimulation, and fantasy power role-play. The compound acronym BDSM is derived from the terms bondage and discipline (B&D or B/D), dominance and submission (D&S or D/s), and sadism and masochism (S&M or S/M). BDSM includes a wide spectrum of activities, forms of interpersonal relationships, and distinct subcultures."
    Okey, Okey I know what all that stuff is I just didn't know the acronym.

Cherub

I wonder if they would allow a plate that read "AB DL"? I am quite sure that would be able to slip through the DMV's list of non-acceptable combination of letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
    The only U.S. state license plate with a heart on it, that I am aware, is Alabama. It's a small heart for "Heart Of Dixie", which is one of the state's nicknames.

In my state, and I imagine most of the other states, you cannot have letters what suggest any adult themes, such as BDSM, FU, WTF; or any "insensetive" letters, like "KKK" or "NAZI".
    California has the 'Have A Heart, Be A Star, Help Our KIDS' plates. You can see them roughly 2/3 of the way down the page here: California Special Interest License Plates

Hey guys please dont make fun of my License Plate thats rude. I have eyes you know.......