Thread: Bedwetting, the story of my life

Default Bedwetting, the story of my life

Hi, I'm dragonette and I'm a bedwetter. (Crowd: HI DRAGONETTE.) I've been lurking around here a long time but I think this is my first "real" thread. I guess I couldn't keep my thoughts bottled up forever. You don't have to read it.

When I was little, I remember being daytime trained around the time I started preschool, but I kept wetting in my sleep. I stayed in diapers at night until at least 6 and then Pull-Ups until about 8 or 9. Finally around then my bedwetting slowed down to about once a week so mom took my Pull-Ups away. I remember about once a week there was a lot of crying followed by a lot of laundry when I'd wake up wet, but most nights in my preteens I stayed dry, which seems pretty amazing now.

That changed when I was 12, the worst most awkward time of my life in middle school, I was enough of a weird girl already but I started to wet the bed more often again. First it was twice a week, then three, four nights, you get the point. I remember right after I turned 13, I begged for GoodNites until I got them. My bedwetting had gotten worse but I was so much happier. No more crying, no laundry, no stress, just putting my diaper on and going to sleep.

But my bedwetting never slowed down after that. By the time I graduated high school I was wetting the bed six or seven nights a week again, as much as when I was 6. I also started noticing my GoodNites would leak more often than they used to, so I got some small adult size "overnight" diapers to wear to bed most nights instead. I still prefer GoodNites for lounging and naps because they're so comfy, but these days I need the true overnight diapers if I don't wanna have any leaks.

Anyway, I'm 20 now and I feel like I should have "grown up" but my bedwetting is worse than ever. I won't even lounge on the couch without at least wearing my GoodNites 'cause I have accidents pretty easily when I'm lying down but still half-awake. Sometimes I go to bed and almost right away I start peeing in my diaper without realizing it, or I jolt back awake shortly after falling asleep and I have to go change my diaper because I'm wet already. (Grr.) Either way, after I really fall asleep I guess that's when the floodgates open. I don't remember the last time I woke up totally dry but I know it's been a pretty long time.

That said, I still like my diapers, I hold that emotional connection to when I turned 13 and was wetting the bed about every other night again for almost a year, and I finally got to wear GoodNites and it felt good to go to bed feeling "secure" again. I guess that's what made me wanna come to places like these online and read stories from other people who wet the bed or liked diapers for their own reasons. Maybe it's because my preteens were the only few years I didn't wear any diapers, and all I seem to remember is continuing to wet the bed every so often anyway and crying a lot, I don't know.

But it's kinda strange that I never got to "grow out of it" like I thought I would. I wonder if I'll always wet the bed. I wonder if my accidents will get worse. I'm so thankful that I very rarely have daytime accidents or messy accidents like I know some incontinent people have to deal with, and I feel for them 'cause it must be so frustrating. Still, it doesn't take away that sometimes I sit around thinking "why me?" Why did my bedwetting start to go away in my preteens just to come back with a vengeance? Why did I come to like diapers? Why did I have to be a bedwetter at all? If only I could just wish it all away.

Sorry if I didn't really have a point to all this talk, I just wanted to get it out and hope somebody understands or might be going through the same thing.

Huh that was very in formative. I can tell you there are a number of IC users so your not alone there. As for having a parent who offered you no night te protection your also not alone either. Now that all diaper stuff out of the way, Welcome to ADISC! Tell us some of your amazing hobbies and interests.

An interesting and quite intimate story dragonette, thanks for sharing. I was a bedwetter myself throughout my childhood and most of my teens though not as regularly but I can relate to some degree. Welcome to ADISC also and like Benjamin says it would be great to get to know a little more about you. ^.^

I see you've been a member for a long time, so I applaud your courage to come out and tell your story. I know when I first joined, I was very nervous with my first several posts. I somehow felt, that telling my story revealed a lot more than I was comfortable telling. After all, I had kept this a secret from everyone my entire life.

I am sorry that this has come back like a vengeance. I am not incontinent, but I had a family member who was. It was not easy for them, though they eventually outgrew it. Not outgrowing it is fearful, I'm sure. My question, and I'm sure it would be other members is, have you seen a urologist? Believe it or not, I had to see one when I couldn't pee. I found my doctor to be a very nice and empathizing person. Though you might have to go through some unpleasant tests, finding a cause would be worth it.

Some of our members who are incontinent have said that stress can be a cause of incontinence. As we get older, have college or jobs, the stress increases, so it could be caused by that. There may very well be medication or some other methods which might help you. It's worth a try.

I hope you will feel comfortable to be more active on this site. I think by conversing with other incontinent members, you might find some peace and acceptance. I do wish you well in all of this.

As the others have echoed, "Hi Dragonette!"

From there, good to see you up front with what is going on. There are a lot of us here who have faced trouble over the years with bedwetting and other incontinence issues. You're not alone. Fortunately, ADISC seems to be one of the better sites for support and real discussion over many others.

I have wet the bed and been in and out of diapers my entire life. Any more, I figure I'm in them for the rest of my days. I was taken to the doctor plenty of times when I was younger for my troubles and I was always labeled a 'late bloomer', being told that I would 'outgrow' the problem. I never did.

I wasn't potty-trained until into kindergarten, and I wet the bed nightly with diapers in my closet for many years. I had countless daytime accidents at school or friend's houses, even sometimes at home. I remember distinctly from when I was 13 and sitting in my science class, realizing I had to go to the bathroom and my teacher not letting me because there was only five minutes until the end of school. I walked out of the class with wet pants. I always hid my daytime troubles from my parents because I was afraid I would be sent to school in diapers, needing them for bedtime was bad enough.

It wasn't until I was in my mid-20's that doctors actually figured this might be something going on, and from what I have been able to find out, for me it is neurologically based. Granted, medicine now and the attitude towards continence issues in children is much better than it was 20 to 40 years ago. Once I found out what was behind my trouble and what could possibly be done to deal with it, I was at a point where I had come to terms with diapers and living in them. My attitude has been that if I have to deal with it, I might as well find some way to enjoy it. To me, the surgeries and risks faced with trying to fix the problem are not worth it compared to just dealing with diapers.

I wish you luck, and want you to know that many of us are here to help and support.