So I have seen several threads about how unfortunatly, most teen and adult diapers suck. Aside from a few diamonds among the rough like Bambino, adult diapers are not really that great. It is almost as if the companies who make them have forgotten about their real purpose and use! Here is what I think we all need products to have:
1) Absorbancy. If it cannot absorb large amounts of urine, whats the point? Take the Depend Pull Ups for example. If the average person starts peeing, they will start leaking after less than 7 seconds from experience and word of mouth. Adult diapers need to do the job, pure and simple.
2) Comfort. These things have nice to the skin. I cannot tell you how tired I am of the ganny-panty-like diapers we have right now. Almost all mainstream companies are guilty of this....Depends, Attends, Tena, etc.... People will be willing to pay more if necersary Why cant adult diapers be as cozy as baby ones? There is no reason for them not to be!
3) Look/Appearance. Although the least important of the three, most would consider this to be important. Diapers should be sleek and sexy? Why shouldnt they? Almost all other clothing is isnt it? People buy what looks good. SInce a lot of people have to wear them, shouldn't they try to make them as enjoyable as possible?
So how could a diaper company work to please everyone, both DL's, TB's, AB's, and Incontinent wearers alike. Here is what we need:
1) Pampers Cruisers style adult diaper: I cannot stress this enough, Pampers Cruisers have come the closest of any diaper of any size to being the perfect diaper. Now granted, they will need to be slightly modified for adults such as the need for an extra tab, but the material needs to be used for adults as well. Also, Adult diapers need to have the smell of Pampers. Both wet and dry, Pampers Cruiser smell better then any adult diaper on the market.
2) Huggies Pull Ups style Adult diaper: This means exactly what I say, the Huggies Pull Ups diaper, made BIGGER. No tampering with the materials at ALL!! We need this quality of diaper for adult users too.
extras: I think the combination of these two products will please everyone. Now as for marketing, we need to get rid of the depressing testimonials of old people. We need to have the focus of the ads on TV and in Magazines be along the lines of "Ya I have this issue, so what? I'm not going to stop living my life, I'm gonna live well!"
The company webpage should also be split where there are three age groups.
3) 40 and up
This way, the page relates to each age group so that design and marketing can as well.
The stigma of buying diapers needs to go as well. Although they are not, we need to market them as an alternative to wearing boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs. The ads need to be sleek, sexy and encouraging.
What do you think? Wouldnt the whole diaper-wearing community benefit from these changes?
In my opinion, screw Depends!!