Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers and Air Travel

Default Diapers and Air Travel

I'm flying home today. The trip will take twelve hours. This is just a bit too long to go with one diaper, that is, without a plan for a change during the trip. I'll have a one-hour stop between flights and will change my diaper there. I'm bringing that spare diaper, and another one, in my carry-on. In addition there are two in my suitcase, in case things go wrong.

I'll wear a terry-lined plastic pant over my diaper. And I'm wearing Dry 24/7's for the trip.

I bought some Depend diapers from a pharmacy here, before I decided to order some good diapers and have them sent to the hotel - I've been here a month. I have considered stuffing a Depends inside my good diapers, then removing it during the trip, but that would leave the good diaper sagging. So I'll change in an airport bathroom stall.

I once changed in a moving bus, in the cramped bathroom. That was an adventure! Traveling in diapers is a matter of logistics, and only needs a bit of planning.

Hope it goes well - sure it will - good planning with a bit in reserve sounds like a recipe for success.

Thank you for the kind wishes. (God, I hate the hassle of flying, diapers notwithstanding.)

Be sure to cut slits about 1 inch accross the entire diaper so you can get double protection on your trip.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    Traveling in diapers is a matter of logistics, and only needs a bit of planning.
    I was watching tv when a commercial about ups and logistics came on. Made me laugh!!

Things should go better than you expect. If you are using the Dry24/7 diapers they should hold up for a long time depending on how much you drink.
    Relax and enjoy your flight. Since you have changed in a moving bus once, changing in an airplane if needed should be much easier. :-)

I changed at the Charlotte hub, in a bathroom stall. All went well, but for the fact that I forgot to pack my Leatherman tool in my checked bag, and had to check a carry-on with that tool in it, else leave it behind. Ooops, my bad.

No stuffers needed, I'm happy to say.

Just dont flush the diaper. I dont want to think a soiled metor Hit me in the head. . JK. If your in the USA be careful of the Patdowns. A 70 year old who had a diaper on was made to remove it.

For what it's worth, I flew to and all over Europe recently always diapered. No problems at all and most airport restrooms have very clean private stalls. Easy to change and stay dry. Good wishes,

air ports have disable toilets you can change in. you can take spares in your hand luggage.
    i cant think why any one would be humiliated at a pat down, its not like they havnt seen it all before, you wont be the first. that is unless your in fetish baby wear