Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Dry 24/7 Recommendation

  1. #1

    Default Dry 24/7 Recommendation

    I've been traveling and couldn't find good diapers here. I normally wear Abena X-Plus for the quality, fit, performance, and comfort. I've tried nearly every premium diaper, but have come to rely on Abena for years. Yet when I'm diapered in Abena I take care to wear a terry-lined plastic pant over them, because they'll leak once in a long while.

    On my trip I ordered a bag of Dry 24/7's mostly because their package of 18 was a good quantity for the week. I've worn these at home, having bought a bag or two over time. Now, after a week, I have new respect for this diaper. I think I trust this diaper than Abena, and have gone out in public without wearing plastic pants over it - for me that's a fine recommendation.

    The Abena is, for me, a better fit and more comfortable, but these diapers perform better. That's the important thing. When I get home I'm going to buy a case of them and try them for a while. I'm impressed...

  2. #2

    Default

    I just ordered a pack of Dry 24/7s from B4NS! They should be here this Monday. Looking forward to trying them out. Thanks for the "Recommendation.



    We are the wet ones.
    Resistance is futile.
    You will be diapered

  3. #3
    Cherub

    Default

    I agree. For a long time I touted Abena X-plus as my favorite diaper. But when I tried the Dry 24/7, before the day was done I knew I had a new favorite diaper. That is why I now have BOTH lists as my favorite diaper in my profile.

  4. #4

    Default

    Same here, I still order the M4s from time to time and still love em. I wore the Abenas almost exclusively until the Dry 24/7s came out, now the Drys are my primary diaper. They just work so well, and one thing I like better with them is they don't seem to clump after several wettings like the M4s did to me sometimes. I think one of the reasons they work so well is that they are WIDE in the crotch area, in fact almost a whole inch wider than the Abenas. This seems to help create a bigger "pouch" in that area to help avoid leaks. They are NOT discreet because they are thick as hell but I love that. And I still am able to get away with wearing them whenever I want, due to the type of clothing I wear. In fact, I was wearing one last night with friends over at my house, all I had over it was plastic pants, some larger undies (to control any stray crinkling sounds), and a pair of loose-fitting sweatpants. Of course I always wear a large loose-fitting t-shirt too and leave it untucked. We were chilling on the couch in close proximity, playing video games etc., and it was fine. I have never had anyone suspect anything as far as I know...I haven't received any strange looks or anything.

    Also, I personally think the Drys are more comfortable for me. I find that I can cynch them down tight on the leg gathers without it feeling uncomfortably tight. That helps prevent leaks too. Of course everyone's body type is a little different so this will of course not be true for everyone.

  5. #5

    Default

    I do like Dry24/7 a lot. They have impressive capacity and do fit quite comfortably.

    I do, however, see them kinda like an Abena clone. In terms of shape of the backing and padding, they look nearly identical other than the Dry24/7 being slightly bigger. They both have second chance tapes of the same color. Even the position of the tapes is very similar.

    Although I see them as a "Clone", there are some trade-offs for the impressive capacity.
    For me at least, they are just not quite as comfortable; still good, but not the same. The outer plastic is great on the Dry24/7, probably ONLY second to Abena. [May soon be #1 if Abena does discontinue their plastic line.] The odor control on the Dry24/7 is unusually bad, which i don't really understand. Also, yesterday while working out in the yard, some of the padding from the front decided to head south, not too much, but still a bit annoying.

    The tapes for me leave something to be desired. There's no other way of describing it, they are too small. For such a large diaper, I believe the tapes NEED more clamping area than they have in this case. For the way I fit my diapers, the top tapes are about 1/2 inch too low, that much higher would be 100% perfect. They also could be a bit stickier, as i had one pop off at night, and to this day, I have NEVER had a single tape pop on a plastic backed Abena at night. I also had one of the second chance blue tapes literally peel back from the plastic backing, literally dangling on the edge of coming off completely. During the daytime, however, I didn't notice any real issues with the tapes coming off.

    Overall, I really do like the Dry24/7. I think if they really were going for being an Abena "clone", they nailed it. They work very well, and I would certainly recommend it. If anyone is considering picking these up, I'd say go for it. There are some upsides and downsides when considering these against Abena, so keep that in mind.

  6. #6

    Default

    the tapes on my dry24/7's always rip the outer plastic if i try to reposition... maybe you got something on the tape while you were putting it on or something, hehe, dunnow, just a thought =^_^=

    Otherwise, your assessment is fairly accurate compared to my experiences of them

  7. #7

    Default

    Well! It sounds like I am going to enjoy Dry 24/7s Can hardly hold for them to arrive.



    We are the wet ones.
    Resistance is futile.
    You will be diapered

  8. #8

    Default

    I will admit I have had an issue or two with dry 24/7 tapes, but the same could be said for me with abena. By and large though the tapes rocked for me with both abena and dry 24/7. The only caution I would have is that if you are a flooder they will be almost identical for performance in my opinion. They will take from me 3-4 floods and then start to leak. if you are a dribbler or expel less than 400 ml or urine you will probably get better mileage out of both diapers. No question though imho, both of these diapers wear the crown for best diaper out there in their class. Bellisimo and Fabine being in a different class now, lol.

  9. #9
    Cherub

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    I do like Dry24/7 a lot.
    The tapes for me leave something to be desired.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tristen View Post
    the tapes on my dry24/7's always rip the outer plastic if i try to reposition...


    Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    I will admit I have had an issue or two with dry 24/7 tapes, but the same could be said for me with abena.
    I've always placed about a 5" strip of clear duct tape over top of the tape tabs. That way there is no chance of anything coming loose. I employe the tactic even when I double diaper with Wal Green Certainty diapers.



    Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    Bellisimo and Fabine being in a different class now, lol.
    Oh? How so?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    I do like Dry24/7 a lot. They have impressive capacity and do fit quite comfortably.

    I do, however, see them kinda like an Abena clone. In terms of shape of the backing and padding, they look nearly identical other than the Dry24/7 being slightly bigger. They both have second chance tapes of the same color. Even the position of the tapes is very similar.


    Overall, I really do like the Dry24/7. I think if they really were going for being an Abena "clone", they nailed it. They work very well, and I would certainly recommend it. If anyone is considering picking these up, I'd say go for it. There are some upsides and downsides when considering these against Abena, so keep that in mind.
    Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how you are formulating these opinions. For instance, Abena "clone?" I don't see it. The plastic is totally different, the tapes are different, the Dry is considerably wider and the composition of the fluff is different. I don't know if the makers of the Dry used the M4 for ideas but it matters little to me, it seems they came out with a better product, plain and simple.

    As for the color and positioning of the tapes, you could say the same for at least a dozen other diapers out there. Blue is pretty standard as the color for whatever reason. And where else are you gonna put the tapes? They are located where they are out of necessity.

    The plastic backing seems to be a LOT better on the Dry, it is definitely thicker and tougher. In fact, a common complaint with the Abenas is that they occasionally split right up the back, in fact that has happened to me on several occasions. Plus, they frequently had pinholes that would leave small leak spots. I found it necessary to always wear plastic pants over my diapers to avoid a disaster in case this happened, but still it made a mess when all the stuffing would spill out into my plastic pants. If one were wearing a wet Abena with no plastic pants though, it could mean disaster and a huge wet spot if this happens!

    I don't understand why you say odor control is bad with the Drys either. In fact, another common complaint with the Abenas is that you tend to smell like, well, a used diaper after wearing one for awhile. The general consensus is that the Dry 24/7 smells better.

    The padding in the Dry tends to stay in place waaay better than with the Abena, even after about 12 hours of wear.

    Yes, the tapes on the Dry will pop off on occasion, especially if they get wet. But again, the Abenas had more of a problem with this, in fact it was another common complaint with the M4. You would sit down and hear an audible POP and presto, your diaper would suddenly be loose. I used to reinforce my M4 tapes with duct tape as a precaution, but I haven't found the need to do so with my Dry 24/7s.

    Dry 24/7s hold a lot more and are better at containing leaks, even after multiple wettings.

    I'm not trying to argue for arguement's sake, I just think that at the price these things go for, we need to give a fair assessment of the products for those who may be reading this and considering ordering some. Either diaper is good, but the Dry 24/s have some definite advantages, and are by no means a substitute or knock-off of the M4, they just haven't been available for as long.

Similar Threads

  1. Seeking specific cloth prefold recommendation
    By Cottontail in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-Aug-2011, 05:47
  2. Diaper size and recommendation
    By Algorithm in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-Jul-2011, 08:51
  3. I need a recommendation for a baby diaper
    By Wakfumant in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-May-2011, 23:30
  4. Casual Xbox 360 Shooter Game Recommendation
    By bomb851 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2011, 13:00
  5. Need Hourglass Shaped Cloth Diaper Recommendation
    By NikonFilmPhotog in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-Jun-2010, 04:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.