Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Which baby diaper is the best?

  1. #1

    Default Which baby diaper is the best?

    I have a roughly 28" waist ( maybe even 27" sometimes 28 W jeans get loose) and goodnites fit well, so I decided to see if I could "fit" into baby diapers.

    The other day I ordered a Pampers size 7 sample off of ebay for 2 dollars - I figured if i couldn't make them fit then it wouldn't really be a waste.

    Edit: Part of the reason that I ask is that I have heard that they are not much smaller than the XL goodnites ( is this true?)


    In regards to my question, which diaper is the biggest/ stretchiest. Also which is the most absorbent( by liquid mass)? - Most comfortable? Which swells up the most? - I know some of them swell up like a balloon.


    Edit 2, What is Huggies best version of diaper?
    Last edited by curious88; 01-Dec-2011 at 09:21.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by curious88 View Post
    I have a roughly 28" waist ( maybe even 27" sometimes 28 W jeans get loose) and goodnites fit well, so I decided to see if I could "fit" into baby diapers.

    The other day I ordered a Pampers size 7 sample off of ebay for 2 dollars - I figured if i couldn't make them fit then it wouldn't really be a waste.

    Edit: Part of the reason that I ask is that I have heard that they are not much smaller than the XL goodnites.


    In regards to my question, which diaper is the biggest/ stretchiest. Also which is the most absorbent? - Most comfortable? Which swells up the most? - I know some of them swell up like a balloon.


    Edit 2, What is Huggies best version of diaper?
    you should factor in the biggest portion of your measurements, wether that be your hips or butt size or whatever as well as how tall you are. I don't know why people keep saying waist sizes it doesn't help much unless its the same measurements as your hips, since baby diaper will almost surely not go up to your waist unless your really short. Either way my favorites are Pampers Size 6 and Pampers Cruisers 7. Size seven being thinner but more absorbant, and cuter in my opinion, and also having a cute smell and being really stretchy, the other ones having a better feel and fit. I've tried most huggies, and IMO there all pretty lame, even the overnights hold the same as cruisers, just absorb a tiny bit faster. but the lack of stretchy sides and being smaller and shorter, as well as crazy uncomfortable, makes them not worth it IMO. luvs are like a cheap pampers, walmart brand isnt that great, overall i havn't liked anything except pampers, by far.

  3. #3

    Default

    Well im 25-26 in waist size and i fit into the Size 6s of Huggies and Pampers fine.
    Now that you're size 28 you should squeeze into the size 6 and be somewhat comfy in the size 7
    And as for diaper qualities heres a small summary of them.
    Pampers: They do have a better absorption rate than most of the diapers but since you're bigger you wouldnt want to flood
    Not as poofy if you're into that but they are comfy to wear. Tapes stretch decently so you should squeeze into them.
    Luvs: Cheap affordable and ok. They hold around 2-3 wettings in my case and they are pretty stretchy. The only problem they have is that they tend to break apart at times.
    Dont know why but the tapes elastic pull tends to rip at times so be careful. I blame my active moment so yeah might be a problem since youll be stretching them and moving.
    Huggies: Poofy, Decent absorption and stretchier than pampers. They do hold some but the problem with these might have to be the price i guess.
    Target Brand: Bigger than most baby diapers, tapes are somewhat stretchy but feels too plasticy.
    Hope that helps

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by sherbert View Post
    you should factor in the biggest portion of your measurements, wether that be your hips or butt size or whatever as well as how tall you are. I don't know why people keep saying waist sizes it doesn't help much unless its the same measurements as your hips, since baby diaper will almost surely not go up to your waist unless your really short. Either way my favorites are Pampers Size 6 and Pampers Cruisers 7. Size seven being thinner but more absorbant, and cuter in my opinion, and also having a cute smell and being really stretchy, the other ones having a better feel and fit. I've tried most huggies, and IMO there all pretty lame, even the overnights hold the same as cruisers, just absorb a tiny bit faster. but the lack of stretchy sides and being smaller and shorter, as well as crazy uncomfortable, makes them not worth it IMO. luvs are like a cheap pampers, walmart brand isnt that great, overall i havn't liked anything except pampers, by far.
    Thanks! How does the size and absorbency of Pampers7 compare with goodnites XL?

    ---------- Post added at 03:19 ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 ----------

    Thanks, How does the size and absorbency of Pampers7 compare with Goodnites XL?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Huggies: Poofy, Decent absorption and stretchier than pampers
    Not stretchier. Not even close. Tapes on Huggies will pop at around 60cm, and that's if you're lucky. Tapes on Cruisers 7 can reach 100cm--further with similar luck. Cruisers 7 is also longer, by about 4cm, than Huggies 6. Except for slightly better/faster absorbency in Huggies (my observation), they fall short (literally) of Pampers in almost every way.



    Quote Originally Posted by ious88 View Post
    Thanks, How does the size and absorbency of Pampers7 compare with Goodnites XL?
    Goodnites are bigger and more absorbent. Seriously. But not by a lot. Perhaps surprisingly, Goodnites L/XL are only about 7-8cm longer (sorry--too lazy to do the metric conversions today) than Cruisers 7 when stretched. They're a little wider in the crotch, too (never measured that, though). As for absorbency, Cruisers hold, at most, one *light* wetting from me. Goodnites are good for one full (even *painfully* full) wetting. Of course, we are all different, but realize that Cruisers 7 is a toddler's daytime diaper, and Goodnites L/XL is a youth's nighttime diaper.

    EDIT: I should add that larger people may have better luck with Cruisers 7 than Goodnites, because of the extreme stretchiness of the Pampers, however they will ride low and may be much tighter. Your waist size suggests to me that Goodnites should work, and they'll certainly be more comfortable than a super-stretched baby diaper.

  6. #6

    Default

    I personally wear all 3 major brands, huggies,pampers,and luvs. I have only a 20inch waist, my favorite is pampers or luvs, pampers hold and stretch more,luvs feel better to me.huggies are okay,like pull-ups better

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by curious88 View Post
    Thanks! How does the size and absorbency of Pampers7 compare with goodnites XL?

    ---------- Post added at 03:19 ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 ----------

    Thanks, How does the size and absorbency of Pampers7 compare with Goodnites XL?
    I find the goodnites XL to be a little to large, and at your waist size you might as well, they seem to fit awkwardly and have a tendency to leak in the lower back just because they tend to ride higher, where the smaller ones seem to have a PERFECT fit. Another thing to note is huggies ( yes including goodnite brands ) have elastics in the back, so if your wearing at night or just have to pee in any non-verticle position they hold quite well, where as pampers have near zero elastic in the back and will tend to leak if you wear at night, but on the plus side pampers have the absolute best leg elastics of any diapers and will almost never leak in that regards, where huggies tend to leak on the bottom, because of the cheaper leg gaurds, if you use it to fast.

    as for absorbency, heres what i found when testing them with water :
    Note that the capacity was indicated when, when pressing down on the diaper, even after given a long period to absorb all the water, my hand came up wet or water would "press out", and at the point where it would drip water when lifted up after given a long period to absorb.

    Pampers Size 7 : about 32 ounces of water, or two cups, abosrbancy was quick, and when pushing down with my hand on the diaper my hand came up dry quicker than with the rest, which is strange because it actually appears thinner than most of the others.

    Pampers Size 6 : at about 28 ounces it began to not hold any more and be extremely wet when touched, it also swelled up most awkwardly.

    Huggies Overnites Size 6 : surprisingly it only holds about 36 ounces at most, but the rate of absorbancy lowers EXTREMELY quickly whereas the cruisers maintained absorbancy speed dispite the amount of liquid it contained. this diaper also seemed to swell up signifacantly more than the others, though it only held slightly more, it also seemed impracticle since it bulged outward ( as in it lifted up ALOT ) and almost became hard instead of squishy, though it seemed to feel the least wet when touched.

    Goodnites XL : 32 ounces, note much to say about this one honestly, nothing either good or bad just okay, not bad rate of absorbancy, not good, not to wet to the touch but not amazingly dry, just very "decent" all around.
    Goodnights Small : same as above but 28 ounces.

    Girls Underjams Small : 30 ounces, which surprised me, but the downfall is the sides tend to almost disintagrate if you actually wear it overnight, and it has this wierd thing that, instead of imediatly absorbing the water, it seemed to pool at the sides by the elastics and slowly absorb from there, and if wearing it could easily leak.

    Also keep in mind that these diapers "swelled up" different, and even if I state there maximum capacity as the above, it might not practicaly be so, since a diaper that is swelled might start to break tapes or become to heavy, or being swelled might make the leg elastics useless and thus cause it to leak before it has a chance to absorb to full capacity.

    Now as you can see most hold nearly the same amount, so it all depends how "fast" you go, and this was with them outstretched and open, you should also note that, depending on the fit, they will hold different amounts. I poured the water from a cup generously over most areas, whereas while wearing you'll tend to go in one location and I didn't factor in how well they distribute from one location across the diaper. I also think that goodnites and pampers are different also in respect to how they are worn, one being a pullup style and the other a tape, so that if it barely fits the goodnight might stretch and become looser, and having less of a seal might leak or start falling down if to heavy, where the pampers, while note really becoming looser, might have tabs break, though I have not had this problem.

    A wierd tip I have to make goodnights and other pullups extremely practicle is, although it might be a little wierd, if you wear two, put one on backwards and one fowards, and this has the odd effect of making it nearly impossible for it to leak, and it also holds all day, not as comfortable but if you want practicle it words amazingly.

  8. #8

    Default

    Very interesting. I may have to search for other ways to explain how it is that I can "flood" in Overnites whereas the same in Cruisers always leads to an accident (pool in the bottom of the diaper). Really, we need a video and article that illustrate all of this so that all possible confusion is eliminated. I'll have the house to myself in a little over a week, so perhaps I'll take a crack at the video. That could be fun! (completely G-rated, of course!)

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Very interesting. I may have to search for other ways to explain how it is that I can "flood" in Overnites whereas the same in Cruisers always leads to an accident (pool in the bottom of the diaper). Really, we need a video and article that illustrate all of this so that all possible confusion is eliminated. I'll have the house to myself in a little over a week, so perhaps I'll take a crack at the video. That could be fun! (completely G-rated, of course!)
    Good idea. Adisc really needs a wiki for diaper info and reviews. I know there is a review section, but a wiki and a place to put reviews all in the same place for a certain diaper would be nice.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by sherbert View Post
    I find the goodnites XL to be a little to large, and at your waist size you might as well, they seem to fit awkwardly and have a tendency to leak in the lower back just because they tend to ride higher, where the smaller ones seem to have a PERFECT fit. Another thing to note is huggies ( yes including goodnite brands ) have elastics in the back, so if your wearing at night or just have to pee in any non-verticle position they hold quite well, where as pampers have near zero elastic in the back and will tend to leak if you wear at night, but on the plus side pampers have the absolute best leg elastics of any diapers and will almost never leak in that regards, where huggies tend to leak on the bottom, because of the cheaper leg gaurds, if you use it to fast.

    as for absorbency, heres what i found when testing them with water :
    Note that the capacity was indicated when, when pressing down on the diaper, even after given a long period to absorb all the water, my hand came up wet or water would "press out", and at the point where it would drip water when lifted up after given a long period to absorb.

    Pampers Size 7 : about 32 ounces of water, or two cups, abosrbancy was quick, and when pushing down with my hand on the diaper my hand came up dry quicker than with the rest, which is strange because it actually appears thinner than most of the others.

    Pampers Size 6 : at about 28 ounces it began to not hold any more and be extremely wet when touched, it also swelled up most awkwardly.

    Huggies Overnites Size 6 : surprisingly it only holds about 36 ounces at most, but the rate of absorbancy lowers EXTREMELY quickly whereas the cruisers maintained absorbancy speed dispite the amount of liquid it contained. this diaper also seemed to swell up signifacantly more than the others, though it only held slightly more, it also seemed impracticle since it bulged outward ( as in it lifted up ALOT ) and almost became hard instead of squishy, though it seemed to feel the least wet when touched.

    Goodnites XL : 32 ounces, note much to say about this one honestly, nothing either good or bad just okay, not bad rate of absorbancy, not good, not to wet to the touch but not amazingly dry, just very "decent" all around.
    Goodnights Small : same as above but 28 ounces.

    Girls Underjams Small : 30 ounces, which surprised me, but the downfall is the sides tend to almost disintagrate if you actually wear it overnight, and it has this wierd thing that, instead of imediatly absorbing the water, it seemed to pool at the sides by the elastics and slowly absorb from there, and if wearing it could easily leak.

    Also keep in mind that these diapers "swelled up" different, and even if I state there maximum capacity as the above, it might not practicaly be so, since a diaper that is swelled might start to break tapes or become to heavy, or being swelled might make the leg elastics useless and thus cause it to leak before it has a chance to absorb to full capacity.

    Now as you can see most hold nearly the same amount, so it all depends how "fast" you go, and this was with them outstretched and open, you should also note that, depending on the fit, they will hold different amounts. I poured the water from a cup generously over most areas, whereas while wearing you'll tend to go in one location and I didn't factor in how well they distribute from one location across the diaper. I also think that goodnites and pampers are different also in respect to how they are worn, one being a pullup style and the other a tape, so that if it barely fits the goodnight might stretch and become looser, and having less of a seal might leak or start falling down if to heavy, where the pampers, while note really becoming looser, might have tabs break, though I have not had this problem.

    A wierd tip I have to make goodnights and other pullups extremely practicle is, although it might be a little wierd, if you wear two, put one on backwards and one fowards, and this has the odd effect of making it nearly impossible for it to leak, and it also holds all day, not as comfortable but if you want practicle it words amazingly.
    WOW Thanks for all the info! THats almost exactly the best possible post. haha

    Edit: I'd Like to do an experiment while wearing Measure the diapers weight before and after usage ( I always use until its leaking a little) to find the urine mass that they practically hold, and upload some videos like this to youtube. However My youtube channel is entirely DL free and no one else knows this side of me. I also do not have any type of scale....

    Should I make a new youtube account that's just for some DL stuff and go buy a scale? How likely do you guys think it would be for someone to connect my DL youtube with the NonDL youtube( should I make (the DL youtube account)?

    Btw, here's my youtube channel. If you like severe weather, videogames, math, or other things of that nature feel free to stop by, just dont mention anything diaper related on this one> http://www.youtube.com/user/liquidstl?feature=guide

Similar Threads

  1. Baby diaper look
    By hansbrawn in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-Aug-2011, 00:26
  2. Best Baby Diaper
    By curiousboy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-May-2011, 03:09
  3. Can a baby diaper fit me?
    By BoyLoves in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-Jul-2010, 07:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.