Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmas - What do you want?

Default Xmas - What do you want?

I keep being asked what I want for Xmas and I find myself not having a clue. I've never considered myself a materialistic person. This doesn't change the fact that people still want some kind of "help" of what to get me. The simple answer of "nothing" is not being accepted this time.

Sooooo I figured why not flip the question on you guys and girls, maybe you'll give me some ideas? That being said ...

What do you want for Xmas?

What do you want for Xmas?
    Time off!

I'm not even joking. I mean I like Christmas, I really do. I like the family thing.. I like the food.. but what I'm really looking forward to is the 3 weeks vacation I'm taking. At work I'm in a position where most of the year if I take even a week off.. it takes me 2 weeks just to re-integrate into what's going on. Nice thing about Christmas time is everyone takes time off.. so you can relax and not worry about how things are progressing / that you'll be called in to sort out some disaster .. and when you come back.. everything is in the same state as when you left.

As for gifts.. in my family we mostly give each other joke type stuff. I never know what to say to the dreaded "what do you want" question either. If I want something in the price range that someone would buy it as a gift.. I tend to buy it myself.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword- Wii

A new copy of Pokemon Platinum (lost my copy)- DS

Pokemon Battle Revolution- Wii

Michael Jackson: the Experience- Wii

I've asked for a set of decent high quality colouring pencils and "The War of the Worlds Musical" on CD, since online downloading doesn't meet the quality I'd like it to.

Aaaannnnnd... A pair of slippers that look like wolves feet. ^^ I've out-grown/out-worn my current pair and I <3 them lots. :3

I am wanting a gaming computer, something with a decent CPU and video cards that run SLI..

My macbook infuriates me, that being said, any computer that I am required to wait on annoys me.

For me:
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Battlefield 3
    Need for Speed the Run
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    and a few other games that I'm too lazy to type out.
    As well as:
    40 pound weighted training vest
    Money in general.

(When in doubt, just ask for straight up money. Then you can decide what you want to do with it.)

Well, I guess I have two lists. One is the 'I need' and the other is "I want'.

I need:
    fuel pump for my GMC Jimmy 4x4
    exhaust system for my Grand Prix
    brakes (rotors & pads) for my Grand Prix
    rear shock for my Grand Prix
    new computer (current PC is getting old and outdated)

I want:
    3/8 electric drill (dropped my cordless drill off the garage roof)
    new tool chest (I have 2 smaller ones, but would like to integrate into one)
    new metal storage shelves for my tool room (currently only have plastic ones)
    new snow blower (tired of fixing my old ones)
    wrap-around ear muffs (for when I am out snow blowing)
    iTunes gift card
    bag of Conn's potato chips from Ohio (They don't sell them in Wisconsin)

that's about it, LOL

Santa's Thumbprint so i can show everyone that HE IZ REAL!!!!!

critters hat from old navy that just came out.would be a great present for furbies. would start a ner thread on it but forgot how. can someone help post it?