Thread: I don't know what to do

Exclamation I don't know what to do

Lately I've been having random bouts of extreme depression and I'm usually on the verge of tears. I feel alone like nobody can help and I'm trapped in my own head. I feel so messed up over the years and there's nowhere else to go but "out". I don't believe in therapy and I just feel simply psychotic sometimes. Has anyone else had this happen and how did you get through it? Is the TB/DL thing related at all? Please help, thanks.

The best thing you can do is talk to someone. Even though you may not want to it is the best thing you can do. Find out if there is a depression help line in your country/area and they will be able to help you. Depression is a treatable condition and talking to someone is the first step to finding a solution. Also there may be a teen help line, which will be more tailored to what you need.
    Last edited by StikkyPaws; 30-Nov-2011 at 11:14. Reason: Auto correct fail :P

In a lot of therapy they are more worried about diagnosing you and medicating you if anything I would recommend a Councillor of some kind. I used to go to a spiritual Councillor and I found it helped a lot. But if there is anything on your mind I am sure people here on the forums would be more than happy to help and maybe understand what your going through. I convinced myself that the reason i ever felt really depressed or emotional was because I was a teenager and the emotional part of my brain was just developing. But most of all try keeping in the back of your mind that things will get better eventually.

do something physically exurting, don'tt sit there even if you feel like you just wanna die don't stay there it will only make it worse if u get up and do something it will get your mind off of it

My struggles are more with anxiety than depression, but therapy has certainly been beneficial. However, if you're averse to that, how about some kind of creative outlet? That's certainly gotten me through some hard times.