I have been planing to write a re-intro for the second anniversary of the arrival of Near on ADISC for quite a while now, however due to the absolutely insane heap of work I've had to do lately I nearly forgot. But fear not, in the end I remembered!
It is on November 29, 2009 that I assumed the identity of Near for the first time. It was the second username that I've assumed on this site (lets just say that my initial intro post, along with my initial username, where both pretty terrible, which prompted me to take a long time off ADISC and to change my username upon coming back) and despite my official join date being January 15, 2009 I really feel like my real journey here started two years ago to the day.
Despite not being all that verbose when it comes to talking about myself I do think I did a decent job with what I consider to be my real introduction. Its certainly by no means perfect (some of the spelling mistakes make even I cringe, and that's a feat) but the warm welcome I received motivated me to start posting more and to become relatively active, when not as a poster as a lurker.
I suppose I should talk about myself at some point... well, I am a twenty years old computer science major with a passion for all things geeky (except American comic culture, I never got into that) and an even bigger passion for all things Olympics related. I am also a keen fan of StarCraft.
I love Japanese and Italian cuisine, my greatest disappointment in life was not receiving a letter from Hogwarts on my eleventh birthday (I claim to this day that I would have been a Ravenclaw), when I was a child playing with Lego was my biggest obsession, I am out as an ABDL and as a babyfur to my parents and a few of my friends, I am a GSL season ticket holder (Leenock fighting!), I love watching a wide array of winter sports ranging from Biathlon to Alpine Skiing to Short Track Speed Skating to Bobsled to Skeleton to Curling, I was at a time both a lifeguard and an Association Football referee but I wasn't much good at either, my Shepard is better than yours, as a child I was obsessed with Star Wars but I have not watched a Star Wars movie in a least a few years, ma langue maternelle est le français, 私はあまり日本語を話しません, my username comes from the nickname of the Death Note character Nate River, my fursona is partially in memory of the only dog I ever really cared about, I have a major pet peeve about people misusing sig figs, the word "Objection" is awesome (if you don't agree with me then I think you should go play through the Ace Attorney series) and I think that's a long enough list of random facts. Whatever happened to me not being verbose >.>
Over the past year or so I started becoming much more active, not only on the forum but also on the IRC. This had lead me to meeting a whole lot of awesome people. I now want to thank a few people I got particularly close to and who made my time on ADISC particularly awesome. That's only a subset of those on ADISC that I consider super special awesome though, if I went through everyone that I like and/or that I respect I'd never be able to finish my multivariable calculus assignment O.o (and for the records, to anyone on my friends list, the odds of me liking or respecting you are pretty damn high).
So, in no particular order:
- To NutFreeFruitcake, thank you for reasons I think are pretty self evident. In this case, everything that needs to be said has been said and will be said again.
- To Kleene star 117, thank for pulling me out of my shell and for infecting me with the furry disease.
- To spddan, thank you for always being there when I need someone to rant to and for geeking out over hockey with me.
- To Martin, thanks for being such a great person to talk to, you have the rare quality of being equally interested in completely silly and completely serious conversations.
- To HogansHeroes, thank you for having helped me out at times and for being my longtime rival
- To OliLion, thank you for the advice and for not being a crêpe O.o
- To komodokitty, thank you for the collar, the hospitality and for not going through that whole poisoning me with cyanide thing.
- To Moo, thank you for being on what used to be my highest ranked StarCraft II team and for trusting me with a moderator position. Mostly for the StarCraft, though.
- To Lobie, thank you for the fun times and the serious discussions. Also, I hope you'll get a rematch next year and that we'll both do better.
- To past, current and future staff members: thank you for helping run about as sane of an ABDL site as there has ever been. It's been a pleasure dealing with you all, both as a member and as a staff member, and I am sure that I will continue to enjoy working with you all.
- And most importantly, to everyone reading this: thank you all for making ADISC such a special website and thank you all for having made my stay here enjoyable. I've been active on a lot of fora, and I don't think I've yet to find a better bunch of people.
Thanks for reading, and to more great times in the future,