Thread: Ordering from Amazon

Default Ordering from Amazon

I'm considering ordering some hard-to-find/vintage diapers off Amazon at a pretty good price, but I'm concerned about any potential privacy implications that might result.

I have a perfectly private e-mail account with filters, so Amazon can spam out all the recommendations/reviews/whatever they want and even if I do see them nobody else will. However, I'm worried about a few other issues.
    1. Can I count on them to ship discretely? They would come at like $30 for 40 diapers (including base shipping price) from this non-Amazon seller, or $40 for 40 from Amazon (free/Prime shipping). Could I expect the seller to ship discretely? Will Amazon?
    2. Will other people be able to see it in my order history? What else will they see about my account?
    3. Can I keep similar items from appearing in my "recommendations"? I've gotten things to disappear in the past, but they're trivial enough that it's not a grave concern. This is something I don't want to chance people seeing if they look over my shoulder.
    4. Are there any other privacy concerns I should worry about when dealing with Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bps View Post
    I'm considering ordering some hard-to-find/vintage diapers off Amazon at a pretty good price, but I'm concerned about any potential privacy implications that might result.

I have a perfectly private e-mail account with filters, so Amazon can spam out all the recommendations/reviews/whatever they want and even if I do see them nobody else will. However, I'm worried about a few other issues.
    1. Can I count on them to ship discretely? They would come at like $30 for 40 diapers (including base shipping price) from this non-Amazon seller, or $40 for 40 from Amazon (free/Prime shipping). Could I expect the seller to ship discretely? Will Amazon?
    2. Will other people be able to see it in my order history? What else will they see about my account?
    3. Can I keep similar items from appearing in my "recommendations"? I've gotten things to disappear in the past, but they're trivial enough that it's not a grave concern. This is something I don't want to chance people seeing if they look over my shoulder.
    4. Are there any other privacy concerns I should worry about when dealing with Amazon?
    I would do from amazon, I ordered a box of baby diapers before expecting them to come in a typical brown box, and to my surprise I found it on my door step in just its own box yikes! but I learned a trick, if your willing to pay 5 bucks for piece of mind ( especially if you use prime and get free shipping ) gift wrap it, that will force them to put it in a non-see through bag + box and as for recomendations you can change it to not show under settings, i belive under "my account" in the top right corner.