Thread: Nappies that make you feel wet.

volvic

Default Nappies that make you feel wet.

What nappies make you feel damp by not wicking the wetness away from your skin? I love the cold wet feeling you get but all the nappies these days have pulp that wicks away wetness.....

Quote Originally Posted by volvic View Post
    What nappies make you feel damp by not wicking the wetness away from your skin? I love the cold wet feeling you get but all the nappies these days have pulp that wicks away wetness.....
    Are you okay with cloth?

Cloth will certainly do for "wet," but not "cold." If you want that, you'll need to put something cold in your diaper.

alu

Cloth diapers or a fairly cheap diaper, but cheapness means less absorbency, your better off with cloth diapers if you want that wet feeling.

I also find that the wicking away and dry feeling is not what i enjoy, so if I am going to wear disposables that tend to do that I'll put on a pair or two of cotton briefs before I diaper up.

Butterfly Mage

The Molicare Super are pretty absorbent, but they are so thin that there isn't much room for wetness to wick to. When I wore that diaper, I was pretty happy about how stealthy they were, but I often felt wet (which I didn't like).

Those 'perfect' brand ones feel nicely wet for a while but it isn't nice in the long term.

Intrigued by the idea of cloth ones...

I love cloth diapers, but the only diapers I've found that really make you feel the wetness on the skin are the 'feel wet' style pullups training pants. Everything else, cloth included generally, is designed to wick moisture away from the skin. While cloth does tend to leave some damp feel next to the skin, it isn't typically a dramatic wet feeling - at least not with good cloth diapers.

Very true; I suppose "wet" is a relative term here. Disposables are, relative to cloth, very "dry."

I've never tried the "feel wet" Pull-Ups. Next time I'm in a curious mood, I'll pick up some of those to stuff with and see how they feel. Sounds interesting.

The 'feel wet' pull-ups I'm thinking of in particular are the Huggies Pull-Ups "Cool alert". I think there used to be others as well, but I don't recall seeing them around any more.

I suppose the "wet" feeling is a bit relative. Perhaps somewhat subjective too, ultimately.