Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Teddy Bear??

Default New Teddy Bear??

RAWR, thatís bear talk for Hello!

So I was going to buy myself a pair of footie pajamas but as always when I find the pair I really like they are out of my size.

As an alternative I have been thinking of buying a teddy bear instead. I have a plushie but I kind of want a real teddy now. The problem is that when I go online and look at all the different brands and bears I get way too overwhelmed. I know I want a really soft, cuddly bear to sleep with but other than that I am at a loss.

So what are your opinions of different brands of teddy bears? Are there certain brands better than others? What do you thing would be the best reasonable size? Oh course I want real bear size but thatís not going to workÖ. Or what about the different ďfursĒ styles or lengths? I donít want to get gross after a little. Really whatever advice youíre willing to share.

Also I am open to ideas so if you want to pick one out thatís cool too

Thanks!

I had these thoughts a few months ago because my teddy right now is fairly cheap and not that soft. But it's amazing how much he has grown on me since then, I love my Star. =D

I know I sent my little bro one from buildabear.com. He absolutely loved it, I guess it was really soft and a lot shiner than he expected from seeing it online.

If I were going to get a new bear I think this one looks pretty awesome.

I would recommend Build-A-Bear, not only because they're really high-quality, but because each bear is special. ^^ No bear is exactly the same, so you'll have one that is exactly made for you!
    Also, if you choose to, you can build a dinosaur, instead: Build-A-Dinoģ: Home Page Both are great options!

The other one that I recommend is Wild Republic. Their CuddleKins are... well, really cuddly!
    Here's the CuddleKins section of The Wild Republic's website: show SubCategory

bjm904

Im looking into buying a teddy for myself. I buy them for my girlfriend and I get jealous all the time. Im buying mine off of build a bear. Maybe matching ones for me and my girlfriend

I have a care bear and i absolutely love it! it's a Cheer bear from 2003 and it's really soft and great for cuddling with at night :3

Loopygone

The only way to go teddy bear shopping is go to physical stores and browse. That way the teddy can choose you, and you'll know when he does .

The only way to go teddy bear shopping is go to physical stores and browse. That way the teddy can choose you, and you'll know when he does .
    Yup, I agree. I went shopping for a teddy, but ended up with a lion instead. He (Roary) is the best! I found him at a Toy R Us. He is an F.A.O. Swartz plushie.

On a side note be sure to inspect your plushie very closely. Make sure he is of good craftsmanship. Also make sure he isn't dirty, sometimes the little ones will grab them off the shelves and drag them about the store. Happy shopping.

My wife got me a teddy bear from Toys R Us two Christmases ago. He's about two feet in length so he's great for sleeping with and hugging. I'll also carry him out with me to the kitchen table in the morning.

Well I think I am going to get one from build a bear.

I know it would probably be better to go to the physical store but it looks like there is only one store in my state so online it is.

Anyways I have it narrowed down to these two

16 in. Pirate Bear - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

15 in. Camo Bear - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

I really like the pirate bear, especially the fur but I am not too sure about the leather looking paws and ears. What do you guys and girls think?

ps.
    This Wolf is going to be my next purchase but itís a little to big for me now... thought I would share that because it is totally awesome and I love wolves.
    Amazon.com: Cuddlekins Wolf - 30-Inch: Toys & Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Totally agree - this is how I got my latest teddy bear

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleaf View Post
    Yup, I agree. I went shopping for a teddy, but ended up with a lion instead. He (Roary) is the best! I found him at a Toy R Us. He is an F.A.O. Swartz plushie.
    From my iTunes library (ok, so it's a tiger, but still ):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rory_greatest_hits.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	6754