Thread: cloth backing vs plastic and what your pros and cons about them.

Default cloth backing vs plastic and what your pros and cons about them.

Ok I don't know thread for this already but figure ask your option on the topic.

A lot us know the diaper switch from old plastic backing to new cloth feel to disposable diaper baby/adult it seem. So your honest option how do pair them plastic do like them better or do see them going in wrong direction now with change.

Here my pro and cons
    The pro
    They’re very quite pair to plastic back so you can wear around other without know your diaper

I like Velcro tape now better because they do not lose stickiness, however there is up side to the new taps can be remove with ripping diaper or not stick because power or lotions.

There also better fit with cloth because stretch somewhat too.

There still small amount bulk to them but thinner so don’t show much even with maximum absorbency quality.

Another good think about cloth back are breathable so less skin irritation like diaper rash happening to you.
    The cons
    It somewhat does not feel like I’m protected when you wet it like got in back head it will leak maybe it just me.

I also found that do have attendance to like make your itchy skin some time.

Another thing about them find it really hard figure how much there wet while wearing them on like plastic back you can feel it in the padding.

There more of odor problem with cloth backing pair to plastic backing what somewhat lock it away even if you mess.

"They’re very quite pair to plastic back so you can wear around other without know your diaper"
    "I also found that do have attendance to like make your itchy skin some time."
    "It somewhat does not feel like I’m protected when you wet it like got in back head it will leak maybe it just me."
    ... what?

I'm talking about pros and cons on my option of the cloth backing pair to plastic what hard understand.

"They’re very quite pair to plastic back so you can wear around other without know your diaper"

They're very quiet compared to plastic back so you can wear around without others knowing about your diaper.

"I also found that do have attendance to like make your itchy skin some time."

I also found that they do not have the tendency to make your skin itchy sometimes.

"It somewhat does not feel like I’m protected when you wet it like got in back head it will leak maybe it just me."

It sometimes feels like I am not protected when you wet it, in the back of my head I think they will leak. Maybe its just me.

(my best guess!)

sorry my wording mess up trying type it way it in my head but never come out right.

I really have a preference for plastic backed diapers. They are much better at holding in leaks (cloth-backed leak at the sides). I also like the feel and sound of them. I do like cloth-backed for diaper layering- but I top them with a plastic backed "finish" layer.

I loved the all-plastic baby diapers back when that's what Pampers and Huggies were, however I quickly came to appreciate the cloth-like backing when it came out. The diapers were nice and quiet, and could be worn discreetly. The Velcro "tapes" helped me go through fewer diapers, as I could easily take off and stash unused diapers without fear of tearing them. In short: I love the cloth-like backing! I guess I'm weird that way.

I do get that some people really love the crinkle and the feel of plastic, so I understand the frustration at the trend toward cloth-like backing. For me, the thing I'd hate to lose would be the smell of Pampers. I'm not an AB, but if Pampers every go scent-free then I'll have to attempt regressing so that I can throw a proper toddler-style tantrum!

All that said, I'm also a huge fan of cloth diapers with plastic pants over them, so my diaper preferences are complicated.

Cloth-backed is quieter/more discrete and softer. Plastic backed has overall better performance. They're both good in my opinion. I guess I like plastic backed because that's what I wore as a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    I'm talking about pros and cons on my option of the cloth backing pair to plastic
    technically speaking, there aren't any pros and cons as they're both plastic backed; so, some of the differences you're experiencing, such as stretchiness and breathability, are actually non-existent and more a result of your believing there to be a difference.
    what we're really taking about is a difference in texture, not materials.

personally, i can't stand cloth-like backings. okay, they've improved the feel over the years, but they still chafe (even with cream) and the texturization wicks fluid to the outside of the garment (defeating the whole point of a waterproof outer).