Thread: Well, finally getting a PS3.

Default Well, finally getting a PS3.

I'm finally going to be getting a PS3 after years of them being out. the 199.99 price point for a 160GB HDD PS3 combined with the latest ratchet and clank game with little big planet 2 seems like a very good deal.

I've always wanted to play heavy rain but couldn't, being locked down with a PC, wii and the two handhelds.

Anyways my list of reasons other then for gaming are:
    Media center
    Streaming content to my PSP which I understand can be hit or miss.
    Netflix in HD vs the 480P of my Wii system on my main TV.
    Finally getting a blu-ray player and able to enjoy blu-ray movies/shows which are finally getting down to DVD pricing.
    Plus a slew of decent exclusives that I can get for cheap.

that said I'll still use my PC as my main source of gaming.

First on the list of games, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption. (Got Just Cause 2 on Steam.)

Supersam1223

If you want Red Dead, I'd recommend that you get the Undead Nightmare version, I think it's a lot better. It gets into the action a lot quicker, whereas the other one takes quite a while of riding a horse around a ranch before it gets good. That said, the storyline is somewhat better executed on the normal one, from what I've played of the games.

For Red Dead Redemption, get the Game of the Year Edition. It has both the main game & Undead Nightmare, plus the other expansion packs.

Isn't that just a black friday deal? I mean, good luck if you can actually score one.

I really wanted to play Heavy Rain, but I never had a chance to go buy it or to even play it. I will probably get to it sometime though, because it looks like a great game. On the other hand, i'm sure those games will last you a while, if not a long time, and even if it doesn't there are plenty of other PS3 games and exclusives to choose from. If you need help choosing any PS3 games, or want to know about some of the PS3 exclusives or deals, you can always ask me about it because i'll probably know about it.

It also has some of the best media streaming support as well. ps3 media server is the easiest to set up and send media from pc to the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    For Red Dead Redemption, get the Game of the Year Edition. It has both the main game & Undead Nightmare, plus the other expansion packs.
    Yep. I'm going to be picking up GotY editions and other collections when possible.

Red Dead Redemption gotY
    God of war collection
    MGS HD
    Team Ico collection
    Sly Cooper connection
    The Oddworld Odd Box, though I might just get that on PC

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    Isn't that just a black friday deal? I mean, good luck if you can actually score one.
    it is a black friday deal and im waking up at possibly 4:30 to wait a hour at radioshack to pick one up. however every store is offering this and PS3 has been out for years now. If somehow I can't get one then I'll just go back to hating on sony and possibly updating my computer hardware for BF3 and Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    it is a black friday deal and im waking up at possibly 4:30 to wait a hour at radioshack to pick one up. however every store is offering this and PS3 has been out for years now. If somehow I can't get one then I'll just go back to hating on sony and possibly updating my computer hardware for BF3 and Skyrim.
    Had no idea it was a multi store thing, I had only seen it at walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    Had no idea it was a multi store thing, I had only seen it at walmart.
    Yep. Also I just bought it off Amazon. Free shipping, no tax. (EDIT: They had them for well over a hour.)

it was/is at
    Radioshack
    bestbuy
    target
    kmart
    wal-mart
    fred myer, etc (regional stores)
    amazon
    newegg

pretty much any big box store had it.

---------- Post added 27-11-2011 at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was 25-11-2011 at 02:17 ----------

New update. Today in target's new ad they had a misprint that let me get 2 years of Playstation+ (a 100 dollar value) for 29 dollars.

Here's the details.

Playstation Plus 1-Year 14.39 @ Target B&M YMMV - Slickdeals.net
    Last edited by Fire2box; 27-Nov-2011 at 00:48.

2 years of Playstation+ for only $29? That is one hell of a good deal! You'll be set getting free plus games and other things until probably the next playstation console comes out.