Thread: Fear and Regression

Default Fear and Regression

Ok I was wonder has anyone every went into full regression mode when fear you may of had in your life. I know people do it as stress leaver but what about fear in life do find easier going back to cope with life.

when I am watching a scary movie I can regress because it just feels right. being scared is a very little feeling that is easily associated with being young. as far as actually being fearful of something like a manbearpig attack or any scary survival situation, regression is not the appropriate response.

I just courser what else trigger responded a regression if fear could be one them too for some.

Quote Originally Posted by coboy View Post
    as far as actually being fearful of something like a manbearpig attack or any scary survival situation, regression is not the appropriate response.
    LOL! well, i guess it could be tho since when confronted by a bear they tell you to curl up in fetal position an play dead... then again I dunno about if it's a manbearpig if you're supposed to do the same

Fear definitely triggers regression for me. I get scared very easily, and I often react by hiding behind the closest person! I can't watch scary movies because I'll cry, and I can't be in intense situations or places without whining like a baby /: The way I respond to fear definitely goes hand-in-hand with regressing. But I don't think its a bad thing c: it makes people become protective of me..which is ideal for any baby

Fear was never a big trigger for me, but I could see it happening if I was either around someone I would feel comfortable regressing around, or really really terrified with no method of dealing with it. However, if the fear comes with loneliness, then I'm pretty much regressed...

To be honest, fear and anxiety seem to either make me want to regress or make it impossible to regress, arbitrarily. I think it depends on the situation and mindset really. (That's just me though)

Quote Originally Posted by coboy View Post
    as far as actually being fearful of something like a manbearpig attack or any scary survival situation, regression is not the appropriate response.
    Bahahahaahah that made me ROFL! Like crazy! I just watched this episode. As far as the OP's question I don't every really associate being scared with being an AB at all... Idk why, I just usually feel calm and relaxed. Although, sometimes when I'm really tired or having an anxiety attack I usually need Daddy to hold me till I fall asleep. So I guess anxiety issues count? Or maybe they don't?