Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Hit Wonders

Default One Hit Wonders

My friends & I were talking about this topic & were saying how many great songs from many decades of music are out there!! Most of which came from the 80's, but there has been some great ones from the 60's, 70's, 90's & 2000's too!!

What "One Hit Wonder" do you like or do you have more than one? Also, are there some groups or singers that had them, that you are surprised didn't have another hit after their "one" hit?

I will admit I'm partial to Who Let the Dogs Out by the Baja Men- circa 2000 and the first time I heard the song was at a Cleveland Rockers playoff game and for those who don't know; the Cleveland Rockers are a now defunct WNBA team.

That's the only one-hit-wonder I can think of right now. Maybe after the holiday I can think of more.

Crazy Town were one hit wonders for Butterfly but I really like their song Drowning, happens to be the most played song on my iPod. Also it's surprising that bands like Blink 182, Weezer and Korn and technically one it wonders even though they have sold millions of albums.

Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby, and who could forget MC hammers-Cant touch this.
    Ah those were the days.....

A-Ha - Take On Me, my personal favourite one hit wonder, haha.

Nightfox, thanks for posting Steal My Sunshine. I can't remember the last time I heard that song!

My personal favorite one hit wonder? You're Beautiful by James Blunt.

I like Twisted Sister - were not gunna take it!!

technically a two hit wonder but whatevs.

I am a big fan of whitetown - your woman. excellent song in my opinion.

Aha is far from one hit wonder status! sun always shines on TV and the living daylights to name a few.