Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fashion Expert Needs Help~!

Default The Fashion Expert Needs Help~!

Alright guys, so I know I'm usually the one giving help to those who need help when it comes to age-play clothing but I'm in a little bit of a struggle. Winter clothes is driving me nuts! Ugh, I have so much littles clothes but one problem, it's all appropriate for Texas weather, not New York. Where I'll be living soon, back home I I go

I'm not just talking about pajamas and play clothes, since I wear out in public. I know everyone thinks of footie pajamas and warm pajamas, and believe me I have plenty. But when I wear out, I have plenty of shortalls, and skirts, and sundresses to wear out. But what the hell do I wear in the winter? I've been trying to think, of warming up my outfits, but I just can't keep them age-appropriate.

So, when you guys think of winter clothes, what do you guys think of? Any suggestions?

Snowsuits and (cute) tuques are about all I can think of. Well, I guess scarves can also be cute.

Sent from my iPhone

Snowsuits, big puffy winter jackets, snow pants, colorful mittens/gloves that attach to the jacket, those pull over hats. I suppose that's all I could really think of.

You can pair tights with your skirts or leggings to take more summer fashion to winter fashions- But I've been up to NYC and it's almost too cold for me to do even that. Ugg boots are still trendy or any flat boots... Pink leggings, skinny jeans or tights (tights with prints!) tucked into Ugg boots or other flat boots. Before it gets too cold you an probably wear skirts and mary jane flats style flats with a good coat. Rainboots with a nice pattern would also be adorable and appropriate for wetter days. Definitely scarves all of the time. Mitten and gloves along with cute hats.

I like the puffy vests more so than the puffy jackets. I've always hated feeling like a marshmallow but the vests sort of hide a lot of one's figure while letting your arms be freer. Berets wit the little puffballs on them- and boots with those too are adorable.

Earmuffs that are adorable also feel super little! I'm not up in NYC so I still wear kid sized jeans or just jeans but that's really not something that seems as common up there among the fashion minded people. (I felt reallyyy out of place the first day I was up there, although I don't know if that's the norm for everyone in NY or just NYC, or the particular areas of NYC.)

I don't know how you wear your hair but down seems to keep me warmer (although earmuffs and scarves help a bit) so cute headbows would be cute... I think that's all more of a chic current little girl look that isn't necessarily traditional. The color palette will be the main thing transitioning from your warmer Texas summer clothes to NY winter clothes, along with the thicker fabrics. Pinks and greys, pinks and browns, reds, reds and greens, blues, and light blues are all very contemporary color choices for winter time for girls, so a color palette can do a lot...

Traditional stuff... I'd go with the snow suits and dresses with tights with peacoats/longer style coats, or capes, boots or mary janes and stick slips or petticoats under them but that might be harder to pull of in public. Sweaters with patterns I think.

I'd go for inspiration from gymboree and baby gap and base choices around what's current or go with a more classical little girl look.

I feel like winter is harder to do in general, but that might just be because I hate it. Personally if I feel little and want to dress up and be outside in the winter I'd put on shoes (preferably boots but I don't have suitable ones personally yet...), tights with leggings over them to hide the tights but keep me warmer, put a pair of bloomers over my undergarment of choice, wear a petticoat, a jumper skirt with a blouse underneath, with a fake fur coat, gloves, and earmuffs. (Which is really the Japanese fashion style of lolita, so it has a sort of double function for me even though it's primarily a fashion. And it took me foreverrr to get to where I am collection wise. >.<)

Really, winter is just hard to deal with. That's all I can think of though. >.<

Layer tights and thigh high knit socks with knee high boots. Then under your skirt wear a bloomer or tight short. The layers will insulate awesome and you can more or less wear the same stuff. It isn't newyork cold here, but I normally wear a ruffle blouse over an insulating undershirt with a cardigan then my jacket for a top, then a knee to mid thigh length skirt and the layers I first mentioned. Just be playful with the accessories. I use brightly colored hair clips, lots of fauh fur accessories like gloves and a hood, and silly scarves.

puffy jackets, mittens, tights, uhh snow pants maybe? Kind of in the same situation of knowing about winter stuff, being from Arizona (The hot part of the state anyways) and all but that is kind of the stuff that comes to mind when you talk about cold weather kids type stuff (outside the obvious sleepers/pjs and such). Another one is I guess its call snow cap or something? Basically this:

MAybe it is just me, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of "little" clothes for winter as much as there is when it comes to summer and such. While maybe a bit too old, hoodies are pretty good for winter (as I've learned) and might be able to find some disney ones or something. Again not sure if that would fall into age appropriate though.

Look at the kids clothing on most retailers websites. Gap, Nordstrom etc. Outside of onsies and sleepers 99% of it is adult like clothing but scaled down and with cute little features like a little embroidery of an animal or contrasting color seams/elastic etc. Really it is mostly colors and motifs that stand out.

In the winter it's all about the layers and the accessories. Heavy tights, sweaters, knee high socks, longer skirts. Get yourself a cute pair of mittens, a hat, a scarf, and some earmuffs, rock the pom poms and the polar fleece.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
    You can pair tights with your skirts or leggings to take more summer fashion to winter fashions- But I've been up to NYC and it's almost too cold for me to do even that. Ugg boots are still trendy or any flat boots... Pink leggings, skinny jeans or tights (tights with prints!) tucked into Ugg boots or other flat boots. Before it gets too cold you an probably wear skirts and mary jane flats style flats with a good coat. Rainboots with a nice pattern would also be adorable and appropriate for wetter days. Definitely scarves all of the time. Mitten and gloves along with cute hats.

I like the puffy vests more so than the puffy jackets. I've always hated feeling like a marshmallow but the vests sort of hide a lot of one's figure while letting your arms be freer. Berets wit the little puffballs on them- and boots with those too are adorable.

Earmuffs that are adorable also feel super little! I'm not up in NYC so I still wear kid sized jeans or just jeans but that's really not something that seems as common up there among the fashion minded people. (I felt reallyyy out of place the first day I was up there, although I don't know if that's the norm for everyone in NY or just NYC, or the particular areas of NYC.)

I don't know how you wear your hair but down seems to keep me warmer (although earmuffs and scarves help a bit) so cute headbows would be cute... I think that's all more of a chic current little girl look that isn't necessarily traditional. The color palette will be the main thing transitioning from your warmer Texas summer clothes to NY winter clothes, along with the thicker fabrics. Pinks and greys, pinks and browns, reds, reds and greens, blues, and light blues are all very contemporary color choices for winter time for girls, so a color palette can do a lot...

Traditional stuff... I'd go with the snow suits and dresses with tights with peacoats/longer style coats, or capes, boots or mary janes and stick slips or petticoats under them but that might be harder to pull of in public. Sweaters with patterns I think.

I'd go for inspiration from gymboree and baby gap and base choices around what's current or go with a more classical little girl look.

I feel like winter is harder to do in general, but that might just be because I hate it. Personally if I feel little and want to dress up and be outside in the winter I'd put on shoes (preferably boots but I don't have suitable ones personally yet...), tights with leggings over them to hide the tights but keep me warmer, put a pair of bloomers over my undergarment of choice, wear a petticoat, a jumper skirt with a blouse underneath, with a fake fur coat, gloves, and earmuffs. (Which is really the Japanese fashion style of lolita, so it has a sort of double function for me even though it's primarily a fashion. And it took me foreverrr to get to where I am collection wise. >.<)

Really, winter is just hard to deal with. That's all I can think of though. >.<
    Gah, thank you so much, I think I've found a few outfits, from my closet I can piece together. I have plenty of winter clothes, as I'm not new to the northern weather. This is just my first time to be out in the age-play community and around with others at parties and such. My only concern with tights, is that my weakness is letting my diapers peak out under my dress. But my nicer coats, are a little longer on me. Maybe I should start studying Lolita fashion a little more