Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: non-computer ADISC experience?

babyDavid

Default non-computer ADISC experience?

i just found my psp after two years of it being lost and since i can go on the interweb from it i was wondering if its any good to log on and, um, do ADISC stuff from it. but some questions

can anybody (since im using the house router and WEP key and ESSID) see that im on or that ive been using my psp to get here?

when it says you can delete history does it honestly mean it or is it just storing it in the back and rewitten upon?

and since its the original psp from when they first came out, will it work with all the stuff websites of today are packed with?

and also, ive got a web-enabled BLackberry Torch, can i do the same on it? and will my mum be able to call the AT&T people and see where ive been?

It all depends on if the router is logging requests or not.
    Some routers or modems will keep a log of all addresses requested through the router

Clearing history, cookies, cache, and hidden history files only helps on the client-side and not the router/modem/ISP side. If someone really wanted to, they could contact your ISP and, with proper rights, could recover logs of all of the page requests from your entire home network.

But unless you know someone who's a real control freak with Internet traffic, it's not usually an issue

babyDavid

hmm, my dads been using computers since back when they still took up a whole room, but he's not that interested in what i do, but he does run the Microsoft Security Essentials scanner every now and then. i dont think it would show up there but then again, he's got bigger fish to fry.

can i forge an IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by babyDavid View Post
    hmm, my dads been using computers since back when they still took up a whole room, but he's not that interested in what i do, but he does run the Microsoft Security Essentials scanner every now and then. i dont think it would show up there but then again, he's got bigger fish to fry.

can i forge an IP address?
    Proxy servers. Though I'm not sure if you can do that with a PSP

babyDavid

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidmetalLucario View Post
    Proxy servers. Though I'm not sure if you can do that with a PSP
    it did mention something about proxy-something, but idk what it meant. i'll just go to sites that wont raise any red flags with my parents and see if they even notice that i logged on from a different piece of hardware...

it did mention something about proxy-something, but idk what it meant. i'll just go to sites that wont raise any red flags with my parents and see if they even notice that i logged on from a different piece of hardware...
    I don't think it will be a big issues. I use to use my psp for the same thing before i got a laptop. He may not even know how to login to the modem/router that is being used. If he don't there is not much that you need to worry about.

If you want to try a proxy server this is the one I use to use. Free Proxy Server - Surf The Web Anonymously - Protect Your Privacy!

babyDavid

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    I don't think it will be a big issues. I use to use my psp for the same thing before i got a laptop. He may not even know how to login to the modem/router that is being used. If he don't there is not much that you need to worry about.

If you want to try a proxy server this is the one I use to use. Free Proxy Server - Surf The Web Anonymously - Protect Your Privacy!
    thanks thatll really help

and also, ive got a web-enabled BLackberry Torch, can i do the same on it? and will my mum be able to call the AT&T people and see where ive been?
    It depends largely on how your plan is set up. If she has the parental controls enabled for your line, then yes, she probably can, but if not the only would be for her to look at the devices browser history.

babyDavid

ah, alright

Proxy servers help disguise you from others on the Internet... So for instance, ADISC admins try to do a tracert on a user who uses a proxy, and it will return to them different information than your computer... It doesn't always work on the way out since the router can still track the request to the proxy server (which can, but not always, include the page requested from the proxy server, which can, but not always, include the URL of the requested page)

The safest bet is to use a VPN... or come to the conclusion that most people either lack the skill or the interest to read network logs

(because, really, the amount if network traffic I create in a few hours is pages and pages of logs)
    Last edited by Tristen; 24-Nov-2011 at 03:20.