Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big, big problem!

Default Big, big problem!

I have a major problem in Windows XP and it just keeps getting worse since it started, about six months ago.

Symptoms are as follows (there are a LOT):
    Note, any or all symptoms can be displayed.

-Firefox window goes black on refresh
    -Windows are corrupted when refreshed if opened before symtpoms started occuring
    -Applications fail to start or elements are corrupted when the window is refreshed or opened, this includes Explorer windows
    -ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY (code 14) Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
    -Can not select tasks which are grouped in the taskbar
    -No right-click
    -No pop-up descriptions
    -Can not save things
    -Burner is "not ready"
    -When switching to another window, sometimes a completely random window will also be displayed
    -When something in a menu is clicked, that will remain when clicked and will not disappear until resolution is reset (see picture)
    -Error creating window.
    -Error creating window handle.
    -Unreal Tournament crashes and BSOD: 0x000000EA (0x8A25ADA8, 0x89E71238, 0xBACE3CBC, 0x00000001) nv4_disp infinite loop
    -12 minutes to boot OS!

A window missing most of it's elements:

A window missing some of it's elements:

Static menus!? (This is a new problem):

BSOD: (very large image)

Another problem that popped up when I connected my phone!!

Help please?

Jesus Christ, what did you do to Windows?? I would suggest you try backing up whatever you can and reinstalling. I've never seen anything like that before, whoa.

What Swamp Thing said. You could try googling your symptoms and hitting F8 on boot -> restoring last known good configuration. But if that doesn't work, it'll be less work to backup and reinstall, plus you'll know for sure the problem is gone..if it's a software problem.

I've reinstalled many times but this hasn't fixed the problem. When I get my burner back I will be moving to Vista on a clean slate.

One of four options:
    1. Get a new computer. Or build a cheap one for temp use.
    2. Try and Install Vista (Recommended)
    3. Try Linux
    4. Take everything out and put it back together bit by bit and see what happens.

Reinstalling hasn't fixed it? Hmm, what are your specs? I can tell you right now if Vista will run smoothly.

Lol, Windows...

Uh, but seriously, I doubt there's much that you can do to fix that if reinstalling it doesn't work. You could try and do a whole system restore. I don't know a whole lot about Windows seeing as how I ditched a month after I got it because it was non stop problems like this.

Vista is a resource hog, I'm not sure I'd recommend it if your hardware isn't very recent. I say download a Linux livecd and boot from it. See how it runs.

How long have you had this computer for. I think you need a new one, the hard drive must have a defect...

Actually it looks like a really bad Trojan embedded on your HDD, I see your downloaded music folder, you may have downloaded a nasty virus from whatever P2P program you use.

(I could be wrong of course >.> )