Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fabines!

Wink Fabines!

Just felt excited and wanted to say that I just got the chance to order some Fabines.. Very expensive but I am so darn curious I just had to do it. You can read a 100 people's reviews but you will never get the feel unless your in the "driver's seat"
    This really isn't about anything but me just spouting about how happy and excited I am.. Now I will be watching the mail like .. lol a kid at Christmas.

how did you order them. Although I know they are expensive, i was thinking of trying them.

$4.30 per diaper is nothing to get excited about. I'd love to try them too but there's no way I'm going to drop that kind of cash on a diaper I don't even know if I'm going to like. I think this makes the Bambino Bellissimo that much more appealing. The Bambino is not much more expensive than a Dry 24/7 but should be able to keep up with the Fabine and look good doing it too. AB Universe can give me a call when the start selling the Fabine for around $2.00 each. Heck, you could probably order them direct from the manufacturer and have them shipped from Germany for cheaper than $4.30 a diaper.

I ordered a 10 pack for myself

how did you order them. Although I know they are expensive, i was thinking of trying them.
    you have to become a member and as far as I know they just have mediums left
    you can visit their site *buniverse.com and enter a contest to win a case (100 diapers)

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    If you are a member of ABUniverse they will send you an E-mail to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    $4.30 per diaper is nothing to get excited about. I'd love to try them too but there's no way I'm going to drop that kind of cash on a diaper I don't even know if I'm going to like. I think this makes the Bambino Bellissimo that much more appealing. The Bambino is not much more expensive than a Dry 24/7 but should be able to keep up with the Fabine and look good doing it too. AB Universe can give me a call when the start selling the Fabine for around $2.00 each. Heck, you could probably order them direct from the manufacturer and have them shipped from Germany for cheaper than $4.30 a diaper.
    Tell me about it. But I don't do a whole lot for myself, and the only thing I will really "treat" myself to occasionally is diapers so just this once I wanted to try something crazy.
    I tried going to the manufactures we page to order some, and it looked good, but it's only in German and Google Translate wont carry over soon as you hit "checkout" and if you try to "translate" the page it wipes your shopping cart and starts over. - So if you speak / read German you are laughing, but for those who don't.. you could try guessing..

Hi,

I can't really comment on the nappies themselves as I've never tried them, but

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    I tried going to the manufactures we page to order some, and it looked good, but it's only in German and Google Translate wont carry over soon as you hit "checkout" and if you try to "translate" the page it wipes your shopping cart and starts over. - So if you speak / read German you are laughing, but for those who don't.. you could try guessing..
    couldn't you just sent an Email to the manufacturer? I'm sure they are happy to assist if you don't understand the German order form.
    Anyway, for those who are interested, that is the manufacturers website: Fabine Exklusiv Die saugstärkste Windel der Welt
    And they cost 179 Euros a carton (100 nappies) + shipping. I have no idea what a whole carton weighs, but if it's between 10 and 20kg, shipping to the US would be 65Euros. In sum, it's 245Euros, so 2.45Euros per nappy.

Cheers.

Edit: Correct myself, if one nappy is about 0.250kg, than 100 should be 25kg. Thus shipping is 85Euros, thus 2.65Euros per nappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    At 245 Euros, that is $330 US.. ouch.
    That's still cheaper than what you paid by a dollar per diaper.

I'm surprised no one has bought direct and then put them on eBay. If people are willing to pay ABU $4.30 per diaper than I'm sure you could charge $4.50-5.00 ea on eBay. You would actually turn a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    That's still cheaper than what you paid by a dollar per diaper.

I'm surprised no one has bought direct and then put them on eBay. If people are willing to pay ABU $4.30 per diaper than I'm sure you could charge $4.50-5.00 ea on eBay. You would actually turn a profit.
    Very true, for me it was because I could just order 10, instead of sinking 300 to find out I hate / dislike them.

Maybe a Diaper co-op then?? Someone takes care of the entire order, packages up a certain ammt of them to send out to people who paid a certain ammt into getting the large portion to split and try?? Although that would be $3.3 a diaper.. hmmm