Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it's OK to use the baby changing rooms?

Scootalooo

Default Do you think it's OK to use the baby changing rooms?

So in most supermarkets, in the UK anyway. Where the toilets are, they have four rooms. The male toilets, the girls toilets, the disabled toilet and the baby change.

I've never had any problems going into the babychange when I was younger I used to go in for curiosity.

Anyway back to the point, the normal male toilets are awquard, I can't change standing up and it just feels awquard since the cubicals have the top and bottom parts exposed. Obviously girls toilets are no different really to a guys just without urinals, and I'm a guy so that's defiantly without a doubt inappropriate.

The disabled toilets, I get the room to myself. But it's not a changing room, it only has a floor to change on and it's cold.

The baby change I also get the room to my self, and they have a changing table, and I use adult nappies so people would just think I'm IC, which I'm not so maybe that's immoral?

I mess my nappy as well, and it's ushually not to nice. And waiting till I get back home isn't always an option.

Anyway what do you all think?

Do you ever use the babychanging rooms?

Here they don't have rooms for that, and since I don't mess my diaper I think I would just wait until I was home anyway. So that Daddy could change me. I would feel awkward going into a baby changing room without an actual baby that needs changing though.

I think it's fine. There are a lot of people who use those toilets who aren't parents with children or people with physical disabilities. Many transpeople, pee-shy people, and IC people prefer one-person, handicap restrooms. It's just a matter of preference. The most damage you'd possible do is holding up someone else who actually needs to use that bathroom, but unless it takes you 30 minutes to change your diaper, it's a marginal inconvenience.

I've wrestled with this same question myself on more than one occasion. If I happen to be in a store where business seems slow then I've used the family restrooms, as they are usually called here, on rare occasions. However, I have children and I can remember a few times when they were younger were I was very annoyed at having to wait a long time for people to exit those rooms who didn't have any children with them. Because of that, I usually don't feel right about using them when I'm perfectly capable of changing discreetly in the normal men's room.

I agree with slim.

You shouldn't feel too bad about using those bathrooms, just make sure that you don't waste time in there. A diaper change should not occupy a bathroom for very long. There are other people who need to use those washrooms as well. But, as long as you aren't causing an inconvenience, I do not see any problems with using those bathrooms. Personally though, I just use thicker diapers when I'm out and about.

Here they are family restrooms and in reality they are not just for parents, but are considered by the building/storefront to be personal bathrooms meant to be used by anyone who isn't "comfortable" with share bathrooms for any variety of personal or medical reasons. Obviously the main target are parents with kids, but noone gves you a second look for using one.

I would be wary of video cameras since you might be suspected of something if someone considers you suspicious. Otherwise it seems fine.

Cherub

If you're an armed guard (or in law enforcement) these type of restrooms are the best option for you. The last thing you need is someone to barge in on you while you have your duty belt off and hanging on a hook. Armed guards and law enforcement personnel have a lot of gear to remove to be able to use the toilet. If you can have a small room with a lockable door, that's the best way to go.

So, no, you shouldn't fee bad about using these rooms.

Do they have a toilet in them? if not then it might be obvious that you were in there for an uncommon reason. If you try to hurry up, then I think you have almost as much right to use that room as anyone else. If you can get by in the mens room with just a wet nappy then I would shoot for that, but otherwise just go fast and don't feel bad.

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Do they have a toilet in them? if not then it might be obvious that you were in there for an uncommon reason. If you try to hurry up, then I think you have almost as much right to use that room as anyone else. If you can get by in the mens room with just a wet nappy then I would shoot for that, but otherwise just go fast and don't feel bad.
    They don't have a toilet in them, it's just baby change. How do you get by in the mens room?