Thread: Thinner padding?!

Question Thinner padding?!

Hey guys, so this is odd for an AB, but I was curious if anyone could give advice on thinner, smaller diapers.

See I have a 32 waist, and tried some small Depend Maxs, and really liked that they fit snugly, and that they cutt off about an inch from my belly button. however, they arent very absorbant, and even though I'm a very light wetter, I'd like something I wouldent have to change so often!

So my question is this: Can anyone give me advice on a Thinner diaper, that is either very small for a medium, or available in a small size, that is still absorbant?

Thanks a ton guys!

Malix

I would try Tranquility Slim Lines and Tena Ultra's. I wear a medium in those, and I have a 38 in waist. I'm not sure what the smalls are like, but it would be worth checking out. They are both roughly as thin as Depends, but absorb quite a bit more.

why don't you just stay with the ones that you like an add in a female sanitary pad, i've read about people using them for extra padding without really adding in the bulky feel to the diaper!? i have not personally tried this, but being a female i can tell you that they will do the job for absorbing fluid ... worth trying, right? plus if you think about it you wouldn't have to invest in new diapers that could be more expensive, where you would just be purchasing the female pads, which are going to be much more cost effective. hope this helps some, good luck!

hmm, thats an idea... I wonder how much it would boost their fluid capacity...? Any idea? thanks btw.

You could try adding one or two bambino boosters. that would definitely increase absorbency

Try the Molicare Classic Plus Brief [blue] (not the famously thick Molicare Super Plus [purple]. The diaper is extremely thin, and the backing is qite strong yet flexible, so it fits well and is comfortable. It has all the liquid-adsorbing gel of its much thicker sibling, but very little padding. It holds an amazing amount of liquid. They come in a small ("20-34 waist"), which sounds like it should definetly fit you on the small side as desired. Here is a link to them at DMP where I buy my non-AB diapers: Duraline Medical Products, Inc. Adult diapers, buy diapers, molicare diapers, attends diapers, urinary

Not quite as thin, but crinklier and more baby-ish are the Tranquility Slimline Briefs (again, not their thicker/more famous sibling, the Tranquility ATN). These even come in extra-small. Duraline Medical Products, Inc. Adult diapers, buy diapers, molicare diapers, attends diapers, urinary

Usually, I'm all about ridiculously thick, layered diapers. But sometimes a single, good-quality thin diaper is a refreshing experience, and both of these are really well made.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

I just noticed that the X-small and Small Tranquility diapers come with a cloth-like backing, not the nice crinkly plastic that I promised. Fair warning if you are a crinkle fan!

Tranquility ATN have a wide coverage of padding and capacity, but are pretty thin. Unlike most other thin diapers, they have padding that simply covers a larger area of the inside of the shell, so you can get more overall capacity without being a lot thicker, if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by malix View Post
    hmm, thats an idea... I wonder how much it would boost their fluid capacity...? Any idea? thanks btw.
    i don't know exactly how much of a capacity they hold, but for example if you looked at any of the brands, they will all have a MAXI pad, those are going to be thicker and then just go more for the MAXI overnight products which those are meant to absorb more. hope this helps some.

Butterfly Mage

The Molicare Super (not the Super Plus) are amazingly trim. They're barely thicker than regular underwear and yet they hold at least twice as much as Depends. They are plastic backed but have the breathable sides, so they are pretty comfortable to wear if you're active.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    The Molicare Super (not the Super Plus) are amazingly trim. They're barely thicker than regular underwear and yet they hold at least twice as much as Depends. They are plastic backed but have the breathable sides, so they are pretty comfortable to wear if you're active.
    Definitely try the Molicares; they're my favorite "day to day" diaper right now. I'd also maybe try Abena M1s.