Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masking the smell for my roommate? (Messing question)

Default Masking the smell for my roommate? (Messing question)

Ok, so. I'm going to be moving in with a friend next month, and he knows that I like to wear diapers and supports it. I've worn around him several times now since this summer.

Still, he's not a huge fan of me using my diapers. He doesn't mind if I do, he just doesn't want it to be painfully obvious if I've pooped. I love using my diapers, and if I wet or mess them I usually want to stay in them for a little bit and not change right away. But my roommate, he says if the smell is bad he would like me to go change right away.

So, I'm looking into getting some plastic or rubber pants or something to cover my diaper a little and mainly, mask the smell of poop so I can stay dirty longer without having to change and so my stink doesn't bother him.

Will this work? Are there any recommendations? I've never had any experience in plastic pants and things like that. Any solutions to covering up the smell are appreciated. Keep in mind I am not trying to hide my diapers so I do not mind if he sees or hears me.

Chlorophyll pills supposedly remove most if not all of the smell. They are probably your best bet if you enjoy messing but don't want to offend people around you. I don't have any experience with them myself but some people on this board probably do.

I have not heard of them. Although the thought of altering my regular diet seems a bit much, and I would think that would get expensive to take pills all the time

Chlorophyll Benefits - What Does Chlorophyll Do For the Body?

They don't seem to cost too much but naturally if you are on a tight budget ever cent counts. Just browsing around google it looks like you can get a bottle of ~100 for ~$5 which would equate to about a nickel a pill.

Febreeze fabric freshener can stop your sofa/bed/chairs absorbing the smell, but it's expensive. You can also get an aerosol version which is good for getting rid of the smell. If you want to actually mask the smell whilst you're still messy you're going to struggle though.

I was more interested in masking the smell while I'm still messy. I already know how to clear the stink out of a room, I've had to do it several times to my own room at my parents' house.

Cherub

One tactic I've used in the past was to put some air freshener onto the air filter of your furnace or air handler unit. When I was in a messy diaper and wanted to stay that way for a little while, I would put some sort of freshener on the filer of my furnace. The result is: when you cause the blower fan to kick in, the furnace or air handler unit has to draw in air from somewhere,,,usually the air that gets drawn into the furnace or air handler unit goes thru a filter first. You can use Febreze or a dryer sheet or something else that both you and your room mate might like. This way it distributes that fragrance through out the entire house or apartment. This tactic doesn't last long and you can deploy it over and over as needed.

Just an other idea to consider

I'm not sure if this is what dlCherub was saying, but if it isn't, it's awfully similar.

What I do a lot is put a dryer sheets, those things that you throw into the Dryer with your clothes, right under the vent of the room effected. Thus, when it kicks on, it'll blow the smell into your room, and it'll smell like fresh laundry!

I can't tell if that's what dlCherub was saying or not. If it was, I didn't mean to steal the idea. xD

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by light52 View Post
    What I do a lot is put a dryer sheets, those things that you throw into the Dryer with your clothes, right under the vent of the room effected. Thus, when it kicks on, it'll blow the smell into your room, and it'll smell like fresh laundry!
    I can't tell if that's what dlCherub was saying or not. If it was, I didn't mean to steal the idea. xD
    That is the same idea, yes. But that's okay. One of the reasons we're here is to help each other out with ideas suggestions and support. My idea was on a larger scale (whole house). By adding the fragrance at the air filter it is distributed through out the house, should he be roaming the entire house while messy.