Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: This.

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default

    ...is a thread title that guarantees no one has any idea the contents of the thread before clicking, and ensures they won't remember what thread was talking about that link next time they try to find it?

  3. #3

    Default

    As an adult baby, I'm inclined to believe it's a mental disorder. I don't believe the author of the article is being ignorant at all. I think ultimately it comes down to the definition of terms like sick and disorder. Wanting to regress to a previous age, wear nappies, act like a baby, none of these are normal or natural. The desire to wear nappies rather than underwear, and the desire to act like a baby rather than ones actual age, is not merely a lifestyle choice. I am an adult baby, I enjoy wearing nappies. But I don't think for a minute its not a bizarre lifestyle, nor do I ever think it's normal.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Coodie View Post
    Wanting to regress to a previous age, wear nappies, act like a baby, none of these are normal or natural. The desire to wear nappies rather than underwear, and the desire to act like a baby rather than ones actual age, is not merely a lifestyle choice. I am an adult baby, I enjoy wearing nappies. But I don't think for a minute its not a bizarre lifestyle, nor do I ever think it's normal.
    1. the only way things are considered a disorder is if they cause extreme personal distress, negative disturbance of thoughts emotions and behaviors, or internal dysfunction. 2. Regression is natural. It is one of the minds many defense mechanisms, used to relieve stress when it becomes overwhelming. Admittedly we take it to an extreme but how many times do you see people talk about how relaxed they feel in a diaper? Also how many people have said that they always loved diapers for as long as they can remember, since it is not a choice it is a natural desire 3. there's a reason the term "normal" and "healthy" are not used interchangeably. Racism was (and in some places still is) perfectly normal but would you consider blind hatred a healthy way to live? normal is a subjective term and doesn't mean healthy in any way.

    As for the article, it was kind of good for a laugh. Personally I find it quite funny to read uneducated ramblings about how bad things are. Also claiming we recruit children and teens, to justify our lives? First off people come to us because they feel out of place and secondly I don't really need to justify who I am. If you don't like me you feel free to avoid me but I wont change myself to make sure everyone approves. And if you notice he included furries and goths in his list of issues. The only value in this article is that I can get a quick laugh.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ChriscoStick View Post
    The only value in this article is that I can get a quick laugh.
    That's the whole point of the article. Blogs 4 Brownback isn't a real website, it was created to parody Sam Brownback's socially conservative stances back when he was running for president.

  6. #6

    Default

    Wow, that article was a bit offensive. All the better reason to become an atheist. It certainly demonstrates that Religion and so many of its followers have very little tolerance. Different and Deviant are not synonyms and I think the author is ignorant. BTW "TheVisceral" I understand your anger and frustration.

  7. #7
    Locke

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grace22 View Post
    Wow, that article was a bit offensive. All the better reason to become an atheist. It certainly demonstrates that Religion and so many of its followers have very little tolerance. Different and Deviant are not synonyms and I think the author is ignorant. BTW "TheVisceral" I understand your anger and frustration.
    Valid point, except as Nihlus pointed out, that was parody, not real. It was intended to make fun of the guy who's name is on it, not express his opinions. Also, please don't judge Christians by the worst, most annoying ones. Many, (including me,) are very tolerant. And there are just as many Athiests that are in-tolerant as there are Christians. I don't want to get involved in a religious flame war here, I just wanted to say that you shouldn't judge any group by the worst part of it. You have to view them as a whole.

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah, this article is hugely inconsiderate, but comment number 5 gave some good defense.


    Next you may notice that you in the Article on the aforementioned website that the author describes babies as being “truly the most innocent”. How is it that it is fine to be innocent but immoral to pretend to be innocent. People who engage in this fantasy may just be looking for a way to escape the judgmental world that people like you have created. Why is it that you feel that you must incite a crusade against people that may in fact be committing no crime other than they are frail human beings seeking the most base form of comfort there is, that of a mother.



    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Valid point, except as Nihlus pointed out, that was parody, not real. It was intended to make fun of the guy who's name is on it, not express his opinions. Also, please don't judge Christians by the worst, most annoying ones. Many, (including me,) are very tolerant. And there are just as many Athiests that are in-tolerant as there are Christians. I don't want to get involved in a religious flame war here, I just wanted to say that you shouldn't judge any group by the worst part of it. You have to view them as a whole.
    Agreeing with you on this one. There is a bad apple in every group, always happens, always will, but you can't bunch them all together as all Christians are intolerant, or else it is being just like this guy brownback, he might have one example of some Ab/Dl recruiting children, but really how many of us actually recruit, probably slim to none. Most of the post's i have read on here indicate that we would be unlikely to even attempt to recruit our own children.
    Last edited by Nihlus; 19-Nov-2011 at 21:19. Reason: Merging posts

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grace22 View Post
    Wow, that article was a bit offensive. All the better reason to become an atheist. It certainly demonstrates that Religion and so many of its followers have very little tolerance. Different and Deviant are not synonyms and I think the author is ignorant. BTW "TheVisceral" I understand your anger and frustration.
    I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the correlation between religion and the pathetic ABDL discussion within the link. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Regardless, I prefer not targeting a certain group of people and calling them all ignorant. To me, people are generally ignorant. It's human nature. Religions and such are not ignorant in itself... People are. You will find that an individual that is a self-proclaimed atheist can be just as witless or ignorant as a hypocrytical Christian.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ChriscoStick View Post
    1. the only way things are considered a disorder is if they cause extreme personal distress, negative disturbance of thoughts emotions and behaviors, or internal dysfunction. 2. Regression is natural. It is one of the minds many defense mechanisms, used to relieve stress when it becomes overwhelming. Admittedly we take it to an extreme but how many times do you see people talk about how relaxed they feel in a diaper? Also how many people have said that they always loved diapers for as long as they can remember, since it is not a choice it is a natural desire 3. there's a reason the term "normal" and "healthy" are not used interchangeably. Racism was (and in some places still is) perfectly normal but would you consider blind hatred a healthy way to live? normal is a subjective term and doesn't mean healthy in any way.

    As for the article, it was kind of good for a laugh. Personally I find it quite funny to read uneducated ramblings about how bad things are. Also claiming we recruit children and teens, to justify our lives? First off people come to us because they feel out of place and secondly I don't really need to justify who I am. If you don't like me you feel free to avoid me but I wont change myself to make sure everyone approves. And if you notice he included furries and goths in his list of issues. The only value in this article is that I can get a quick laugh.
    The article was a bit of a laugh, I must admit, and not very well written. But I still maintain that paraphilic infantilism or diaper fetishism, are a mental disorder. I must also disagree with your description of what constitutes a disorder. If I am born without, say for example, something my body needs, even though I can get on perfectly well with my life, and am able to adjust to say, not being able to, for arguments sake, see, I am still physically disabled. Normal might not mean healthy. I suppose a person can be abnormal and still be healthy. But is a person with one leg as healthy as a person with two ?. He might not be sick per se, but he is not functioning as well as the completely normal person, the person whose body is functioning normally. Anyway, this is just semantics, and its an arbitrary argument. The fact is, whichever words you use, I believe that infantislim , like many other sexual disorders, such as transvestitism, paedophilia, beastiality or sado masochism, are just that sexual orders. And before I get a million posts condemning me for mentioning paedophilia and infantilism in the same sentence, I'm comparing them only in that they are unatural sexual desires, and nowhere nearly moral comparable at all.

    You distinguish between a choice and a natural desire. Why must it be one or the other. No one claims that people choose to be sexually attracted to diapers, but that doesn't make it a natural state of mind. Is it more likely, that we were born with a desire to wear diapers, or that some unremembered even during our early formative years caused us to link sexual arousal (or whatever, I'm not a psychologist) with something like a diaper, or being a baby. Was the person who is into being whipped and handcuffed born with this desire ?

    Saying racism is normal, is a bit silly. In places racism may be accepted, but that doesn't make it a 'normal' function of a human being.


    I also think it's a bit harsh to term his article uneducated ramblings. Could you not argue that 90% of all posts on here, are by your standard, uneducated ramblings. Bye the standard you are judging his article, surely your response and mine are uneducated ramblings. I think people are too quick to get defensive when people bring into question something concerning their lifestyle. Does anyone on this board, honestly believe that infantilism is completely normal ? Am I the only one ?

    Lastly, you say that you don't need to justify who you are. No ones asking you to. I never said I didn't like you or who you are, and I'm making no moral judgements about wearing diapers, or fursuits for that matter. I am also an AB. I love wearing nappies. I think the value of the article, is that it raises this issue, and makes us think. For me personally, it forces me to put things in perspective a bit.

    ---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Yeah, this article is hugely inconsiderate, but comment number 5 gave some good defense.





    Agreeing with you on this one. There is a bad apple in every group, always happens, always will, but you can't bunch them all together as all Christians are intolerant, or else it is being just like this guy brownback, he might have one example of some Ab/Dl recruiting children, but really how many of us actually recruit, probably slim to none. Most of the post's i have read on here indicate that we would be unlikely to even attempt to recruit our own children.
    I think tolerance is over rated. It's not about being tolerant at all, but about tolerating what you (the reader not the poster) wants tolerated. Can anyone here claim to be completely tolerant of everyone. Should we tolerate crime ? What about child molestation ? We tolerate hunger in the third world. There is a time for tolerance, and a time for intolerance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.