Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Told My Mom. Voluntarily. Went great.

Default I Told My Mom. Voluntarily. Went great.

Yes, this is ANOTHER or the quintillion "I told my X" threads.

(Let X equal parents, girlfriend, whatnot)

I was kind of thinking about telling my mom, but I wasn't really planning on it any time soon... But.. I did. Lol.

I've been having issues bedwetting lately, and I recently ordered a waterproof bed pad, it came in the mail today, and my mom saw the box and didn't even ask what was in it. Earlier this evening, I was making my mom dinner, and I brought it in to her and she had the same exact bed pad that I'd just paid $20 for online, laid over her lap and chest, using it as a bib of sorts. (It wasn't the one out of my box, but it was identical in every way except the color.)

I sort of blew a gasket internally, that I'd just scrounged together $20, as poor as I am, to buy one of these waterproof pads to protect my mattress.... And she not only had one, she had the exact kind I ordered.

I was so thunderstruck about this that I just flat out explained that I'd just ordered these, and never would have bothered if I'd known she had one. She doesn't know I've been bedwetting. Ugh. So I proceeded to tell her about the bedwetting, which only consisted of a couple of sentences, and she was a little shocked that I hadn't told her, she said I could tell her anything and didn't need to be embarrassed.

At this moment, I just decided I might as well come clean, I've been keeping this a secret for a while and I have WAY too much stress right now to be sneaking around about it, or worried about getting caught. So I started out by telling her that I'd actually been using diapers to manage my bedwetting, to see what she said, and she kind of was like "oh, that makes sense"... And then it dawned on her: "Why did you have diapers to begin with?"

So I told her all about being AB/DL in the most mature and scholarly way I could manage under growing embarrassment, and she listened intently the whole time, and said almost nothing. Once it was all said and done, she was like.. "Hmmph." I had to prod for answers to figure out if she was freaked out or not, I reckon she was speechless.

Finally, she told me that it happens, everyone has their own "kink" or "thing", and it's nothing to be ashamed of, and she doesn't judge me for it. She proceeded to quote my very philosophy on the issue, nearly verbatim!!! "Everyone is weird... If someone were truly 'normal', THAT would be weirder than anything!" It was really odd hearing my own philosophy, and advice I've given countless people wanting to come out the their spouse or parents, echoed back at me. (I've never really shared this philosophy with her, but she all but said "Perception is reality". Spooky how much we think alike. Lol.)

So yeah, this went better than I could have possibly hoped for, I figure it was much better than getting caught someday, and I waited until I thought the time was right. I hope anyone who's considering telling someone they know or love could draw something useful from my experience. I'll tell you, it's a real load off my mind.

(Background info: Age, 20. I live with my mom, she knew about me sleeping with a pacifier before I told her, I've been hiding it from her for almost a year, since I moved in with her after my dad died.)

So yeah, cheers!
    Last edited by Descolada; 19-Nov-2011 at 04:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninikins View Post
    What a great story~ I hope it just keeps on getting better
    Thanks, me too. =D

First, I am glad it went well for you.

Second, haven't you ever considered where your philisophy came from?

At our core most of us are a conglomeration of the influences we grew up with.

I have had many thoughts about telling my parents sometime in the future, but i haven't have the nerve to go past my own limits about disclosing something so deep about myself, i also have thought about the possible recations and the possible outcomes do really stress me, i don't know if it will be something i'll ever do, congratulations though, Descolada for daring to set such a Milestone and overcome your fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    First, I am glad it went well for you.

Second, haven't you ever considered where your philisophy came from?

At our core most of us are a conglomeration of the influences we grew up with.
    Yeah, but I grew up with my dad, really. Mom mostly was either too high to talk, drinking with the neighbor, or fighting with my dad. When we did talk, she was jumping my ass for doing something wrong. My dad is where I got all of my philosophy, my sense of humor, and most of my other personality traits. We'd have hour long discussions on lofty subjects like time travel, and even as a teenager, he respected me intellectually. It's one of the reasons I miss him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordicmist View Post
    I have had many thoughts about telling my parents sometime in the future, but i haven't have the nerve to go past my own limits about disclosing something so deep about myself, i also have thought about the possible recations and the possible outcomes do really stress me, i don't know if it will be something i'll ever do, congratulations though, Descolada for daring to set such a Milestone and overcome your fears.
    Fears indeed. When I was about halfway through and she wasn't saying anything, I nearly lost the nerve and said "Haha! Got you! Just kidding!".

I'm really happy to hear one of those I told stories that actually go well. Congratulations and well done.

Congrats buddy, you've got balls.

I have a feeling my mom knows or suspects some things but I do not have the nerve to tell her. Pretty sure she would be fine with it, but at this stage in my life there isn't really any incentive for me to tell her since I live on my own, and have more or less accepted it as part of me and don't really feel the need to seek acceptance from others. That and I am a wimp... think I would be more likely to tell her I am asexual then anything abdl related, to get her off my back about the grandkids thing.

A side note, have you seen a Dr about the bedwetting thing? It's not really normal for something like that to have sudden onset in your 20's.

Yeah, way cool, interesting how that just worked its way out on its own, timing must have been right.