Thread: Wall-E = Masterpiece

Default Wall-E = Masterpiece

The best Pixar film I have ever seen. I'll avoid spoilers but I recommend that you all go see it. To give you an idea of how good it was - you know the mini films that Pixar do before the main one? Well, this one was better than most full length films I have seen.

And then you get the film itself. It is brilliant. Computer generated robots manage to show more emotion than many human actors. In fact for one or two scenes, I forgot it was computer generated. The comedy was well thought out and the story line was reasonable. Considering with Pixar you would expect a happy ending, it managed to keep tension and fun in equal measure.

I can't say more without giving stuff away, but if you are going to the cinemas I can't recommend it highly enough.

And lo, a mighty voice did come down from the sky, and it spake thusly, "GO SEE WALL-E"

Will do.

I still find it hard to believe that it was a computer generated movie - it still looked pretty real to me, at least until they left earth. And the humans on that space ship...they looked far from real. But the whole background on earth, the robots, the lighting...perfect!

Oh, and the short movie with the bunny before the real thing...freaking hilarious!

Yep, completely awesome movie. Next movie i saw after that was Dark Knight, so it was like super 2 good movies of crazy awesomeness.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I didn't even have to read your post. I just read the subject line and I am willing to agree with you.

I saw it just like two weeks ago (I was supposed to see it with some people around when it came out but that never happened). It is honestly one of the best movies I think Pixar will ever make.

WALL-E is totally a masterpiece. Saw it the day it premiered and was in love from the very moment Put On Your Sunday Clothes started playing! (Not that Presto wasn't beautiful itself, too!) Wow. I've seen it a couple times since then and can't wait to get the DVD. It's simply amazing how much they improved after Ratatouille. The Earth scenes were beautiful, and like Peachy said, really did look life like. I kept squinting my eyes all "is this all computer, or is some of this real footage with WALL-E animated in?" heck! Even the lil dude looked real himself.

But yeah. hahaha. My favorite Pixar movie! I don't think I'll ever get tired of this one.

Everyone needs to see it! xD

I love that movie to death. It's adorable, and one thing that I loved was the subtle social commentary. Trash piling up to a point of unihabitability perhaps a nod to stop polluting? The whole "It didn't work, 5 years isn't what it took, stay the course, we'll see what happens," perhaps a nod to the Iraq War? The cold and total control of the auto pilot and the locking up of any defective robot perhaps a nod to an over controlling government? I also like the 2001: A Space Oddessy reference with the auto pilot controlling the ship and it's single red eye. I was expecting it to say "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Captain McCrea." Or something like that. I give it a 5/5!