Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites to sleep...

Default Goodnites to sleep...

I like to wear Goodnites at night (not sure what kind of diaper i wear actually matters here)...but i cant for the life of me fall asleep wearing them. I also cant pee while lying down at all. I read a lot on here about how so many people enjoy sleeping in them and/or wetting in bed and i cant do either. Anyone know how to help me?

I have the same problem.

Im guessing you dont wear a whole heck of alot, or recently started.

I know I just get too hyped up at the thought of it...I could fix it if I wore more often but the fact is I wear once every 2-3 Weeks for an hour or so, IF that.
    The way to fix it would be to just wear more and be more comfortable wearing and letting go anywhere any time. (in a goodnite I would be careful about that...)
    I bet it was hard for you to wet them period at first...it was for me. Like anything it just takes practice and getting used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    I have the same problem.

Im guessing you dont wear a whole heck of alot, or recently started.

I know I just get too hyped up at the thought of it...I could fix it if I wore more often but the fact is I wear once every 2-3 Weeks for an hour or so, IF that.
    The way to fix it would be to just wear more and be more comfortable wearing and letting go anywhere any time. (in a goodnite I would be careful about that...)
    I bet it was hard for you to wet them period at first...it was for me. Like anything it just takes practice and getting used to it.
    Unfortunately i didnt just start. I've been wearing on and off since i was 11. I've never been able to do either, although i think wetting when lying down may have been "easier" when i first started wearing.

I have a hard time sleeping in protection of any kind. Even though I havent lived at home in many, many years, I still have this fear I had like I did in high school that my mom will come in and find me wearing. I can still hear her voice saying "is there something we need to talk about?" The fear of being "walked in on" runs deep!

Quote Originally Posted by iastatedl View Post
    I have a hard time sleeping in protection of any kind. Even though I havent lived at home in many, many years, I still have this fear I had like I did in high school that my mom will come in and find me wearing. I can still hear her voice saying "is there something we need to talk about?" The fear of being "walked in on" runs deep!
    Sounds like there are more people than i thought that also struggle with this. Its a shame. I definitely felt that same way when i was living at home, but im not sure that has stuck with me since. Do you want to get over this problem as much as i do? I certainly dont want to wear one every night, but id like to be able to sleep in one if the mood strikes, ya know.

You really need to get comfortable wearing them to be able to sleep in them or wet them. I know the first few times I tried to sleep in diapers I couldn't fall asleep all night until around 4am where I gave up and slept in boxers instead of diapers. Once you get used to them and you are comfortable it actually becomes possible to forget you are wearing at all. On some good days sometimes I have to check that I'm wearing so I don't have an accident =D

Wetting while lying down is really hard and you need to be incredibly comfortable both with where you are and with your diaper to do it. If you are remotely worried about someone walking in on you or accidentally leaking onto your sheets I don't think you are going to be able to do it unless you pump your body full of fluids before you go to bed.

The best advice I can give is to just wear goodnites around and get used to them so that being diapered isn't a big deal. That should make it a lot easier to go to sleep wearing them. I also find that sleeping with my stuffed bear Star makes me fall asleep much easier than sleeping without him and I get way better sleep because of it. If you haven't looked into the AB side I would because some perks like plushies are definitely worth it!!! I started off as strictly a DL but I wasn't afraid to try new things and now that is far from the dominant side of me. I'm pretty happy that I embraced the TB/AB side of things. =D

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    You really need to get comfortable wearing them to be able to sleep in them or wet them. I know the first few times I tried to sleep in diapers I couldn't fall asleep all night until around 4am where I gave up and slept in boxers instead of diapers. Once you get used to them and you are comfortable it actually becomes possible to forget you are wearing at all. On some good days sometimes I have to check that I'm wearing so I don't have an accident =D

Wetting while lying down is really hard and you need to be incredibly comfortable both with where you are and with your diaper to do it. If you are remotely worried about someone walking in on you or accidentally leaking onto your sheets I don't think you are going to be able to do it unless you pump your body full of fluids before you go to bed.

The best advice I can give is to just wear goodnites around and get used to them so that being diapered isn't a big deal. That should make it a lot easier to go to sleep wearing them. I also find that sleeping with my stuffed bear Star makes me fall asleep much easier than sleeping without him and I get way better sleep because of it. If you haven't looked into the AB side I would because some perks like plushies are definitely worth it!!! I started off as strictly a DL but I wasn't afraid to try new things and now that is far from the dominant side of me. I'm pretty happy that I embraced the TB/AB side of things. =D
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely keep trying. Im worried there is something more to this for me (mentally). I also have trouble peeing in public places, regardless of how full my bladder is. If i feel any pressure at all, i lock up. Just two weeks ago i was at a football game and no matter how badly i needed to go, i couldnt. And considering i was drinking, it was a painful afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dish View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely keep trying. Im worried there is something more to this for me (mentally). I also have trouble peeing in public places, regardless of how full my bladder is. If i feel any pressure at all, i lock up. Just two weeks ago i was at a football game and no matter how badly i needed to go, i couldnt. And considering i was drinking, it was a painful afternoon.
    Assuming that you couldn't go potty and not that you just couldn't wet a diaper I would suggest getting checked out.

You might consider seeing a doctor about that since it could be a symptom of something bad developing. Other than that I know it takes a lot of willpower to wet in a diaper and it is really hard the first few times. I still have trouble going when I want to and I've been doing this on and off for the past couple years. I'm sure if I had a week to myself where I indulged as much as I wanted I could but a pretty big dent in that mental wall that tries to stop me from peeing in my bed or in a diaper. Strangely enough it is a lot easier to go poopies when trying to force myself to pee than to actually pee in some situations, but I guess thats because we are more used to forcing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Strangely enough it is a lot easier to go poopies when trying to force myself to pee than to actually pee in some situations, but I guess thats because we are more used to forcing that out.
    Aint that the truth. SO frustrating. I guess im going to just need to continue trying and continue to work at it. Nice to know though that im not the only one that struggles with this.