Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting pee out of a mattress?

Default Getting pee out of a mattress?

Okay, not sure if this is in the wrong section, and I apologize if it is. Anyways, I stopped wetting the bed for about 2 months, and decided I could safely take off my mattress protector and sleep unprotected. Big mistake. Anyways, one thing led to another, and my bed got soaked. I was just wondering if anybody here has any advice on how to get rid of the smell... thanks in advance

P.S. its a black futon mattress.

Pet odour removers can work well - but stains themselves will probably be with you for the life of the mattress. Even if you think you have got rid of them they tend to still show up in certain lights.

When it comes to getting rid of a peed-up mattress ebay sell opaque plastic covers designed to prevent infection etc for people who have to handle possibly infectious mattresses on the way to the dump.

I don't think think that the stain is going to come out very well. Everyone that I know including me uses mattress protectors even though no one wets the bed. It is just good to have it just in case. Even if you don't ever wet it it will protect it from anything from dumping on it or if you sweat a lot so I would suggest just leaving it on. They have saved my bed and my brothers beds a few times from the cats which sometimes one will get closed in the room and end up peeing on the bed.

You cant get the stain out

Also, even if you do stop for a month, why would you take off the pretection? Id wait at least a year or so

My bro had a bed wetting problem when he was like 10 becuz of some kind of infection and he peed his bed until my mom made him wear goodnights. It was like almost a year until he stopped but my 'rents had to get him a new matress becuz it didn't have plastic sheets on it. They cudn't get the pee stains out of it and it smelled bad.

try sprinkling Arm & Hammer baking soda on it, scrub with more water and a towel (not a brush). This should help to get the stains out but will make the mattress a lil more wet - either leave it uncovered with a fan blowing on it for the day - or stack a few towels on it and "sleep" on it to try an press/soak as much as possible. Then sprinkle a lil more baking soda on it. The baking soda 'collects' the odor like it does being put in the fridge or freezer. It just works that way. Getting the stains out take basically resoaking it and scrubbing the crap out of it. If you have a lil Tide that helps too but don't use much.

Last time I had this problem it was just a small leak so I was able to dry it all up with most of the advice from google like baking soda. It was really inconvenient when my dad who wasn't supposed to be home showed up while my sheets were off my bed and I had to change out of a diaper really fast before he came inside. Baking soda works pretty well, at least it did for me.

My luck with trying to indulge is so terrible, someone always shows up when I am supposed to have the place to myself for hours...

At least my luck makes up for it in other situations =D

Two things work best for me anti bacterial hand soap and baking soda then just scrub the hell out of it.

Not the best advice to follow but I find that more pee works at removeing the stain, useally takes a good weeks worth of soaking the bed every night befor your parents haul you off to the doctors to find out what the he** wrong and go out and replace the ruin matterss.

Just in case you did not realizes it while reading the above its a joke

I've used my upholstrey tool on my steamvac to clean mine. cold water first then white vinager then laundry soap then hot water rinse and put it out in the sun to dry. Came out looking like new and no foul smell.