Thread: Shoes again

Default Shoes again

My quest continues for the cutest toddler shoes - I really really really want a pair, I've conceded to the fact that I have to make them as they simply don't exist in my size.....

So, any ideas?

Bestest idea gets a sandbox play date

Quote Originally Posted by Layne0033 View Post
    My quest continues for the cutest toddler shoes - I really really really want a pair, I've conceded to the fact that I have to make them as they simply don't exist in my size.....

So, any ideas?

Bestest idea gets a sandbox play date
    You might find these interesting - Adult Light Up Trainers - Success. You can get some cutish adult sized velcro trainers too.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    You might find these interesting - Adult Light Up Trainers - Success. You can get some cutish adult sized velcro trainers too.
    I in fact use velcro shoes everyday without even seeming out of place. Im a cyclist for my main mode of transportation. I use clipless pedals which look your feet in like a ski binding so you can have more control and a better pedaling motion. My favorite shoe is a pearl izumi xalp series one word of warning these shoes arent cheap ie $100+. I used to run laces but recent have gotten the pro level shoes(really expensive 300+) from pearl izumi which dont use laces even as a option because they come loose and are very inferior at holding the proper pressure.
    now cgh did you make those? I have an idea for light cycling shoes as that is is one place that could draw more attention plus it would show on the side and not just the back. The funny thing is the shoes would be exactly like toddler ones but would sell very well for commuters. The only thing is this would require a parent company like pearl izumi to manufacture them.

Quote Originally Posted by harry3220 View Post
    I in fact use velcro shoes everyday without even seeming out of place. Im a cyclist for my main mode of transportation. I use clipless pedals which look your feet in like a ski binding so you can have more control and a better pedaling motion. My favorite shoe is a pearl izumi xalp series one word of warning these shoes arent cheap ie $100+. I used to run laces but recent have gotten the pro level shoes(really expensive 300+) from pearl izumi which dont use laces even as a option because they come loose and are very inferior at holding the proper pressure.
    now cgh did you make those? I have an idea for light cycling shoes as that is is one place that could draw more attention plus it would show on the side and not just the back. The funny thing is the shoes would be exactly like toddler ones but would sell very well for commuters. The only thing is this would require a parent company like pearl izumi to manufacture them.
    Yeah, I made them

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Hey, that's a cool idea, cgh. Sometimes I can't believe the threads I miss when I'm gone for just a week >.< That's just my luck.

A more economical solution might be to assemble the lighting mechanism yourself from the raw materials, rather than sacrificing an entire pair of shoes. You'd just need to connect a few LEDs in series with a button cell and a tilt ball switch. Should come out to <$10 in materials. Maybe cut a slit in the rubber base of the shoe and slide the assembly into place, and then you could set the LEDs in an epoxy resin to create a waterproof seal against the shoe body.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Hey, that's a cool idea, cgh. Sometimes I can't believe the threads I miss when I'm gone for just a week >.< That's just my luck.

A more economical solution might be to assemble the lighting mechanism yourself from the raw materials, rather than sacrificing an entire pair of shoes. You'd just need to connect a few LEDs in series with a button cell and a tilt ball switch. Should come out to <$10 in materials. Maybe cut a slit in the rubber base of the shoe and slide the assembly into place, and then you could set the LEDs in an epoxy resin to create a waterproof seal against the shoe body.
    Thanks for the suggestion - I'm actually looking into ways that I could make these easier so I could make them for some of the ABDL community

With an adequately thick sole there is not real reason you shouldn't be able to cut/drill out a cavity and make a clear silicon window/insert that contains the light. If I was trying to do this, and wanted to make the process easier, that is how I would go about it. If you made a proper mold you could pretty easily create the light and it would all come down to the shoe having enough of a heel to cut in for an insert. I would probably try it on a few thriftstore finds for practice.