Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappies in store?

Default Nappies in store?

Where in England can i find a good selection of nappies that are kept in-store? I like buying online, but prefer to see and feel what i'm buying if you know what i mean?

They suck. All of them. No exceptions.

Well except for an online store of course. Would be... the exception.

Some of the more independent pharmacies or mobility shops occasionally have displays of incontinence products.

In London a lot of independant pharmacies have them but most are on shelfs and you have to talk to somebody about them either go with it or shop online

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Some of the more independent pharmacies or mobility shops occasionally have displays of incontinence products.
    Hadn't thought of mobility shops. Found one in southampton and i'm working down there tomorrow, so i'll stop in and see what they've got. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by sutters View Post
    Hadn't thought of mobility shops. Found one in southampton and i'm working down there tomorrow, so i'll stop in and see what they've got. Fingers crossed
    Don't know of you'll see this in time but if you're in Southampton check out the ASDA in West Quay, they have a selection of the good TENAs.

Ah, thanx for that. Are they in a slip style? Cos pull-up tena's suck balls, and that's all I've ever found in supermarkets. Anyways, I checked out the mobility shop, and they had a few kinds of adult nappies. I don't know where the courage came from, but I just walked in and asked what nappies they had. They thought I was buying for an elderly person, but I said they were for me, and the woman working there just looked straight down at my crotch, not even subtly! I said they were for night time incontinence, and so they sent me away with a 20pack of lil supreme maxi. They look quite good, but finishing off a pack of tena's at the mo, so havent tried one yet. Look like they'll be better, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sutters View Post
    Ah, thanx for that. Are they in a slip style? Cos pull-up tena's suck balls, and that's all I've ever found in supermarkets. Anyways, I checked out the mobility shop, and they had a few kinds of adult nappies. I don't know where the courage came from, but I just walked in and asked what nappies they had. They thought I was buying for an elderly person, but I said they were for me, and the woman working there just looked straight down at my crotch, not even subtly! I said they were for night time incontinence, and so they sent me away with a 20pack of lil supreme maxi. They look quite good, but finishing off a pack of tena's at the mo, so havent tried one yet. Look like they'll be better, tho.
    I've had the whole crotch-glare thing too... wonder why they do it?

I don't think I've ever seen the slip style Tenas in a supermarket and they don't appear to be on the website, so you're probably not going to find them there.

Not many UK small stores - pharmacies or mobility suppliers - have room to stock many sizes or styles of nappy - let alone a variety from different manufacturers. But chains like LLoyds chemists are backed by good warehousing and can get things ordered quickly at no extra cost. Where I am most smaller chemists have some Lille stuff - I think this is because their wholesalers stock it. Some have other brands - often Tena on the shelves but the size and type is a bit of a lottery and you cannot rely on getting the same thing two weeks running. Most stock poise/tena/depends pants regularly - I guess because these have fewer variations and are purchased more often than tape up adult nappies.