Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tide to go?

Default Tide to go?

Well this morning I had a diaper leak to wake me up. This was the first string of events to make today a very bad day for me Now, this wouldn't be so bad if it had happened on my usual orange sheets, but it happened to happen on my pearly white ones -_- Nonetheless, I need to clean them before my mom changes them on Sunday. My question is this… will a Tide-to-Go pen work in removing the urine stain from the sheets?

kmeerman

normal hand soap, a wet towel and a hair dryer are doing magic as well. Perhaps also an iron as the spot might look too crinkled afterwards

Can't you just throw them into the wash/dryer when they're asleep and run a cycle? Use a little bleach if they're 100% white and if you have a fancy front load washer do the "perm press" setting. On the dryer do the "perm press" setting again. This is what works for my mom and worked on my onesie just fine. Total time took about 1.5-2 hours. Oh, and if its only one bed sheet use 1 tablespoon of bleach, maybe less. You won't need a lot.

But that's if you're even able to throw these into the washer/dryer.

Nah, can't throw them in the wash, since I never do laundry. My mom would be suspicious.

I gotta go with the hand soap its worked in the past for me just don't forget the mattress I used to and I had to tell mum I spilled a pepsi when she found the stain.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by kmeerman View Post
    normal hand soap, a wet towel and a hair dryer are doing magic as well. Perhaps also an iron as the spot might look too crinkled afterwards
    Leave the fitted sheet on the bed, fold up a towel and put it under the sheet's the wet spot. Use a warm damp wash cloth (not wet) and rub the wet spot on the sheet with the warm damp wash cloth. The towel underneath will keep the mattress from getting wet. Then use a hairdryer to dry the area you just cleaned. It should be enough to pull the stain out.

Try some Resolve carpet pet stain remover. It's a carpet stain remover designed to neutralize urine pet stains. It has a mild cleanser odor, not unpleasant. That should do the trick. You might want to prop something under the sheet so that the air can get under it to help promote drying.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well this morning I had a diaper leak to wake me up. This was the first string of events to make today a very bad day for me Now, this wouldn't be so bad if it had happened on my usual orange sheets, but it happened to happen on my pearly white ones -_- Nonetheless, I need to clean them before my mom changes them on Sunday. My question is this… will a Tide-to-Go pen work in removing the urine stain from the sheets?
    You're 19 and your mom does changes your sheets and does laundry? I say start doing your own laundry and you won't have that problem. The stain would have probably gotten out in the wash if you would have put them in the washer as soon as you got up.

Solution to all problems: Learn how to do laundry yourself. It actually has many advantages. Firstly you don't have someone going into your room all the time(More privacy). Secondly incidents like this won't be an issue. Thirdly you get to wash your stuff when you need to.
    Also is it not possible to replace the sheets with a different set without your mom noticing? You could then temporarily hide the soiled ones, until you can clean them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    You're 19 and your mom does changes your sheets and does laundry? I say start doing your own laundry and you won't have that problem. The stain would have probably gotten out in the wash if you would have put them in the washer as soon as you got up.
    Certainly a good solution where applicable. My mother was always paranoid about having anyone else run her washer and despite repeated assurances that I was capable and demonstrations that I had no problems when she was travelling, it was much less trouble just to let her have her space. Not saying that's likely in this situation but sometimes people are weird with their stuff.