Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friend talking trash about furrys? Help?

Default Friend talking trash about furrys? Help?

Anyway, I'm a new-found furry, and if you can't tell by my username, my fursona Is a wolf . Anyway. I talk to one of my friends every day, and he is CONSTANTLY... Just absolutely BASHING furries... Which is extremely ironic; he is a bronie, boys who watch my little ponie. Luckily, im an excellent bluff and laughed along with him, but it's really ticking me off. Wondering if I should tell him I'm a furry, because for the most part, he's a pretty understanding person, but still...

Anyway, yeah. Any opinions?

Have you mentioned that the "brony" movement originated in the Fandom?
    Just a thought. (it's probably true, at any rate...)

if he's gonna bash furries like that, then i guess you'll see how good your friendship is (if) you tell him that you are one.

I had one friend bash me for spending $600 on my fursuit, then my other friend stood up for me and told him to basically F*** off

Why should your friend's comments matter to you? Tell them you're furry for the hell of it, and if they give you shit for it, then they aren't your real and true friend.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I had one friend bash me for spending $600 on my fursuit, then my other friend stood up for me and told him to basically F*** off
    $600!?! Damn, that's alot...I knew they were expensive, didn't know they were that expensive :P

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    $600!?! Damn, that's alot...I knew they were expensive, didn't know they were that expensive :P
    yeah... they can easily reach into the $2000-$3000 for one of the more well-known suit creators.

To be honest, it's strange that your friend even recognizes the furry fandom. If I mentioned furrys at my school, chances are that nobody would know what I am talking about and I would be suspected of being one.

I don't feel like furrys are common knowledge... at least not where I live. Of all the things to make fun of, how he lands on furrys is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post
    To be honest, it's strange that your friend even recognizes the furry fandom. If I mentioned furrys at my school, chances are that nobody would know what I am talking about and I would be suspected of being one.

I don't feel like furrys are common knowledge... at least not where I live. Of all the things to make fun of, how he lands on furrys is beyond me.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. My guess is that he was once into it and got burned by someone on the Fandom, pissing him off. If it helps, today I told my wife what I wanted for Christmas, my face tattooed as a wolf. I was kidding of course as I have no courage, but it would be so cool. Some people have done this, especially tigers. There's nothing like commitment. OH....as a side comment, my wife told me that since I was "little", I would need a permission note from her, and she wasn't signing it. We both laughed. This was at Appleby's restaurant.

Cygnus

If he is constantly bashing who you are, maybe you want to reconsider having him as a friend. If you tell him about you being a furry and he starts bashing you, screw him. You don't need that. There's nothing better than having friends that are completely accepting, even if they jokingly throw out 'mutt slut' once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post

Ehh...furries may not be common knowledge, but I don't think you'd have to look too far to learn of the fandom. With some of the weird stuff I look up daily, it wouldn't surprise me if one of my friends stumbled onto it. And then with some of the results you can get from searching on a site like google or yahoo it's not too hard to find stuff like that on the Internet.
    I've searched for some things for school before and have gotten some really really strange results. Like last week I was searching for an algebra problem solver, and one of the results was a step-by-step way to replace the heater core in a dodge pickup. So it's really easy to find odd/different stuff just by searching a completely different topic.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk