Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tags on Plushies

Default Tags on Plushies

I know most everyone here would probably keep them on there plush but not me, i cant stand having them on my plushies. to me it make feel like they are under a monsters spell if its still on them. so i cut or rip the tags off to free them.....ya i know it sounds weird but thats how i feel.

I used to chew the labels/tags as a kid before my parents began to remove them...

They only bother me if they're really rough because it will wake me up when I'm sleeping :/ other than that I hardly notice them ^^; Though when they're too big I do rip them off too. I only really rip off the tags like an angry animal when it comes to clothing xD

I don't like tags on plushies, either. I almost always take the hang tags off. The tush tags (ones sewn into a seam) I may or may not take off, depending. If it's a plush I want solely for cuddling, tags come off. If it's something I plan to keep nice (not-so-serious collector of Lion King stuff; I like to keep 'em looking nice, but don't ever plan to sell), I'll keep the tush tags intact but clip the hang tags and keep them in a folder.

With the tags intact, they seem less real--imaginary friend real... you know what I mean? I get the feeling that it's a concept any five-year-old would understand, but adults would just shake their heads at...

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    With the tags intact, they seem less real--imaginary friend real... you know what I mean? I get the feeling that it's a concept any five-year-old would understand, but adults would just shake their heads at...
    Thats the reason i cut the tags off mine. I like to have a plush that doesn't have a distracting tag to remind me he is just a plush.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    i cant stand having them on my plushies. to me it make feel like they are under a monsters spell if its still on them. so i cut or rip the tags off to free them...
    Or maybe they've been bad and are under house arrest and have one of those ankle tags that alerts the authorities when they leave the house, LOL *immitates tweety: Bad ol' puddy tat*

i dont really like the tags on plushies unless im keeping them for show, but if theyre cuddle plushies the tags come off

But isn't cutting the tag off like chewing off the umbilical chord and then eating the after birth? I mean, I know the chord has to get cut and tied, but I'm still waiting for the doctor.

I have kept my teddy bears tags on them, but I don't see them at all, as they covered up!! I have all of my teddy bears diapered, so the tag is inside the diaper & doesn't show!! I only see the tag when I change them, after the diaper as been on too long & gets the pilling effect on the cover like a sleeper does after being worn & washed a lot!! My bunny has her tag still on, but unlike my teddies, hers is on her leg & I don't want the seam to come loose or cut any of her fur while trying to cut the tag off!! Plus, the tags do not bother me at all!!