Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiot Drivers on the Road...

Default Idiot Drivers on the Road...

You know who I'm talking about. Ever have to drive somewhere, say, school, college classes, band practice, etc., where you had to be there at a certain time and you also know the lenth of time it takes to get there and you leave right on time or about 2 minutes early and think "yeah, I'll make it on time".

But then you discover the thought is short lived, when some stupid son-of-a-bitch pulls out in front of you and starts driving 20-30mph under the speed limit, and stays in front of you the majority of the way to your destination. Then when you get there, you find that you're 10 minutes late because of that fucker who wouldn't put his foot on the gas pedal.

And I'm not talking about log trucks, school buses, or in general anyone who is carrying a rather large load or a lot of shit. They have no choice but to go slow. I'm talking about the assholes in their little sedans that are MORE THAN capable of driving the speed limit, but just won't.

Sometimes there will be the what I call "Blessings" where the asshole in front of me who is driving retardedly turns off somewhere. Usually it's when they put on their turn signal that I start cheering with joy.

But there is that one particular type of asshole who when I'm behind him I want to break his skull wide open with a sledgehammer. It's the guy who, regardless of the speed limit, be it 45, 55, or 35, drives 25 mph the entire way, but once we reach a passing zone (speed limit 35) he speeds right up to 40 or 45mph, making it impossible to legally pass him, but once the passing zone ends, he slows RIGHT the fuck back down to 20mph, and keeps going that speed the WHOLE WAY. I severely want to murder those bastards.

But it's not just people who don't drive the speed limit. There are also the assholes who pull out in front of you, run red lights and almost hit you, try to merge into you in a passing lane, and shithead teenagers who are too busy texting that they can't focus on where the fuck they're going, and nearly slam into you head on. Of course I just can't stand any teenage driver. In my opinion they all drive like shit.

So, who else hates assholes on the road?

People who drive slow I try and give benefit of a doubt because maybe they are going somewhere and they have to read street signs to get to where they are going. I just go around them. Problem solved.

I do hate drivers who cut you off and try and beat a red light or just to turn up ahead as if they think going fast gets them there faster. But yet 90% of the time I have caught up to them so did they get there any quicker?

People who keep going fast and then slowing down, go around them, turn in the next lane and pass them.

The rest I hate are pretty much you have described in your last paragraph. Another thing I hate is tailgaters. There is never an excuse for it, I don't care if the person is going too slow or if your loved one is dying in the hospital. Rules are rules and it's pretty selfish to endanger other peoples lives. If they are speeding and tailgating people, it better be because they are trying to save an innocent man from being executed but that be very very very very rare. If someone runs a red light, it better be for the same reason I just listed or because their breaks were out or because they heard sirens and they had to get out of the way to let the ambulance by or a firetruck. So I hate tailgaters and I think they are too lazy to pass you and there are no laws in our country about undertakes on the road. It's so dangerous and what if the person had to slam on their breaks, the tailgater ends up rear ending the person? When that happens to me, I go in the next lane so they can pass or I pull over so they can pass. I just don't see any logic in tailgating and it certainly doesn't get you anywhere quicker, especially during an emergency when the solution is to pass the person. All I see is higher risk for an accident and getting pulled over and that will slow you down even more.

I hate people who don't indicate, especially at roundabouts, also people who stop way over the line at intersections so that you have to go around them when driving past. I particualarly hate people who leave their high beams on when they come up behind you. If they sit behind me blasting me with their high beams I get as close to the centre of the road so that they can't see around my truck to see if it's clear to overtake and then when a car comes the other way I pull back to the other side. But I only do this until they turn their high beams off.

Also on tail-gaters, I put my lights on which makes them think I'm breaking, or alternatively just break slightly, they start to get the feeling your an erratic driver.

Idiot drivers. Boy if I had a nickel for every one...

I get annoyed when people drive 40-45 in a 55 zone. On the contrary, I get pissed when I'm driving 10 mph OVER the limit and people are right up on my tail.

I hate bass players because they play their music so loud.

lol ya i hate those people. Some one tried the speed up in a passing lane on me once.... i got close to 90 MPH to pass him than did it to him even worse for a little bit >.> ...... you don't wanna piss me off when im driving, also some one passed me once when it was a no passing lane and i swerved at him while honking than sped up on his tail than backed off and repeated (not only was it a no passing lane but it was one of those spots with a couple feet of yellows lines between lanes.

I just let the aggressive drivers go if they're in such a big hurry. There's no sense in getting all worked up over someone else and no matter where you go there will always be idiot drivers. If I'm in the left hand lane on a four lane road or highway and someone comes up on my rear then if possible I move over into the right hand lane and let them pass. Maybe they have a good reason to be in a hurry (medical emergency for example). Slow drivers do irritate me sometimes and I pass them when I know where I'm going. If the road conditions call for reduced speed I give myself plenty of time to reach my destination and try not to switch lanes too much. Much of the crap we experience on the roads can be avoided if we try to be aware of the things around us and give ourselves plenty of time and let the moron drivers do their thing while staying away from them as much as possible. Sooner or later it'll catch up to them.

Well if they have some sort of emergency, instead of rearing people, go around them. Tailgating doesn't make any sense.

If I got some moron behind me tailgating me, I will intentionally drive just a bit under the speed limit until they back the FU** off. If they really have such a problem with it, they can go around me.

You should also never have to hurry to your destination, leave with enough time to get there with time to spare. If you are late, it is your own fault. Don't blame the person in front of you just because you can't plan ahead

Quote Originally Posted by IantheFox View Post
    You know who I'm talking about. Ever have to drive somewhere, say, school, college classes, band practice, etc., where you had to be there at a certain time and you also know the lenth of time it takes to get there and you leave right on time or about 2 minutes early and think "yeah, I'll make it on time".

But then you discover the thought is short lived, when some stupid son-of-a-bitch pulls out in front of you and starts driving 20-30mph under the speed limit, and stays in front of you the majority of the way to your destination. Then when you get there, you find that you're 10 minutes late because of that fucker who wouldn't put his foot on the gas pedal.

And I'm not talking about log trucks, school buses, or in general anyone who is carrying a rather large load or a lot of shit. They have no choice but to go slow. I'm talking about the assholes in their little sedans that are MORE THAN capable of driving the speed limit, but just won't.
    But it's not just people who don't drive the speed limit. There are also the assholes who pull out in front of you, run red lights and almost hit you, try to merge into you in a passing lane, and shithead teenagers who are too busy texting that they can't focus on where the fuck they're going, and nearly slam into you head on. Of course I just can't stand any teenage driver. In my opinion they all drive like shit.

So, who else hates assholes on the road?
    Point one: ufortunatally idiocy reigns supreme whenever the rubber meets the road. And the only thing you can really do is drive defensively.

I too have had my fair share of being stuck behind the grandmas and grandpas (as I call them) doing about twenty in a 35+ zone. And, to be perfectly honest, there've been times when I've wanted to take Instigator (my Dodge Ram) and 'bump' them off the road - especially when there's a line of cars behind me and the one in front of me is causing EVERYONE to be late to where we need to be.

Running red lights, seen that happen several times. Ones that pull out of a parking lot in front of you and dead-stops, too many close calls to count.

In regards to teens: the only thing I think may help is just having more practice time before they can get a license. Luckily in the town I live in, if a cop catches you on the phone while driving, the officer can and will issue a ticket for it. Which, if I remember correctly, gets doubled in a school zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    People who drive slow I try and give benefit of a doubt because maybe they are going somewhere and they have to read street signs to get to where they are going. I just go around them. Problem solved.

I do hate drivers who cut you off and try and beat a red light or just to turn up ahead as if they think going fast gets them there faster. But yet 90% of the time I have caught up to them so did they get there any quicker?
    The rest I hate are pretty much you have described in your last paragraph. Another thing I hate is tailgaters. There is never an excuse for it, I don't care if the person is going too slow or if your loved one is dying in the hospital. Rules are rules and it's pretty selfish to endanger other peoples lives. If they are speeding and tailgating people, it better be because they are trying to save an innocent man from being executed but that be very very very very rare. If someone runs a red light, it better be for the same reason I just listed or because their breaks were out or because they heard sirens and they had to get out of the way to let the ambulance by or a firetruck. So I hate tailgaters and I think they are too lazy to pass you and there are no laws in our country about undertakes on the road. It's so dangerous and what if the person had to slam on their breaks, the tailgater ends up rear ending the person? When that happens to me, I go in the next lane so they can pass or I pull over so they can pass. I just don't see any logic in tailgating and it certainly doesn't get you anywhere quicker, especially during an emergency when the solution is to pass the person. All I see is higher risk for an accident and getting pulled over and that will slow you down even more.
    Tailgaters, I hear ya. The ones of THOSE I hate are the ones that ride my rear bumber, think I'm going too slow eg the speed limit, speed around me and cut me off without signals. Now maybe they can afford the speeding tickets, but I can't...

Now a personal trick I like for a normal tailgater is just easing off the gas pedal to intentionally slow down. Not tapping the brakes or anything, just easing off the gas. And when I see them slowing to keep from hitting, I get back on the gas to get back up to the speed limit :P

What's really funny are the ones that speed around me and get hung up at a red light. Real situation: this happened not too long ago making deliveries for my job. I'm driving the van along, and this convertible (top down) goes zipping by doing a good 20mph faster. The light ahead turns red, they lock up the brakes an skid to a stop, I cruise up to a gentle stop next to them, turn and look at the two in the convertible and laugh wildly with "Didn't get very far, did ya?"
    Oh yeah they were mad XD !

Quote Originally Posted by MrTall View Post
    I hate people who don't indicate...Also on tail-gaters, I put my lights on which makes them think I'm breaking, or alternatively just break slightly, they start to get the feeling your an erratic driver.
    Yup, they call it a "turn signal" for a reason. Put it on at least 100 yards away and keep it on until the turn is completed. But I guess pushing a lever up or down is rocket science nowdays...
    For tailgaters: see above.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I hate bass players because they play their music so loud.
    OH GOD YES!!!! Those things need to be illegal on public roads. They drown out peace and quiet with their annoying "music."

One. No, it's not music at that point, it's noise going 'boom boom ba-da boom boom boom ba-da-da-ba-boom.

Two. With those things running around on the streets, how are we supposed to hear when emergency vehicles are coming through!?! THAT is more of a safety aspect than anything else.

Three. (more of a personal viewpoint.) Having those high end stereo systems makes your car more attractive to anyone looking for some quick cash. Or for a stereo system using the five-finger discount method...
    End rant.