Thread: TENA Ultra

Default TENA Ultra

I've been wearing the TENA Ultra's for a while now recently, and I have to say that, for a thin, quiet, cloth backed diaper, I'm really impressed.

It's been my day time diaper, as while I don't typically flood it during the day, it is very resiliant to leaks. I've honestly never had a problem. Attends w/ waistband, which is plastic backed, seems to be about the same size and thickness, but I seem to ALWAYS leak in that diaper.

I noticed there are old threads on the TENA Ultra, but I thought I'd give it my praises regardless.

I like the cloth-backed diapers for day time use also because if you have to go #2, its so much easier to take it off, do your business, and then put it back on with no issue.

Tenas are pretty good diapers. But they leak on me if I go lying down after a few wettings. I probably need plastic pants for that. The regular ones of course.

Yeah, more than one wetting and I usually change. They're definately my favorite "Ultra Thin" diaper.

I think I would rather go with the Tena Super, or the Abena M2 Premium.

The Tena super seems to work well enough, but I don't like the lack of leak guards. The Abena fits so well, I tend to forget I'm wearing it.

With all cloth backed diapers, however, they suffer from the "stretch" effect, and tend to loosen at the waist. I've been stretching both the front and back wings firmly on both Tena's and Abena's before putting them on, and I've actually learned to like the fit considerably better. The Tena's are great because of the velcro fasteners which allow you to take them off anytime, but have ripped off on me before. Unfortunately, you don't get that same luxury with the Abena's, but you do still get "second-chance" tapes.

The thing both of these products have in common is, I used to hate them both. Cloth backing just isn't my thing. The stretch trick has helped me get to like them better, but plastic is still my choice.

I haven't tried the Tena Super yet...I might have to put an order in for some of those sometime soon.

I've worn the M4's, and I still have a few of them...I just find them kind of uncomfortable, not so much for the thickness as much as just the general stiffness of it. Are the M2's kind of stiff as well? What are they like thickness wise?

And I agree, plastic backed is the way to go most of the time...I just really enjoy the cloth back when I'm just wearing some shorts over them, so there's less noise and less paranoia for me when I'm out and about.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't get that same luxury with the Abena's, but you do still get "second-chance" tapes.
    What I usually do,,if I know I will not be "using' the diaper. I know right about where the tapes go for a nice snug fit for me. So,, I will use a strip of white duct tape and place it on the diaper in the places where the tapes will be going ( in effect, making mini landing strips for the tape tabs) then I can take the diaper off or re-fasten the tapes (both waist and legs) and get a better fit. Or, I can take the diaper off, fold the tape tabs back in to their original places, and then later, get the diaper back out and wear it again,,,,all without tearing the plastic backing. But this tactic is usually when I need to prolong the use of my diapers if I am running low and don't exactly have the funds to order right away.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    The stretch trick has helped me get to like them better, but plastic is still my choice.
    This is one of the features I love about the Wal Green's Certainty diapers. I can double or triple stack them, them slide them off like a giant pull-up. The sides stretch just enough that I can get in and out of them without ever tearing the sides. (of course, when I have them stacked I reinforce the outside velcro tabs with white duct tape to ensure they don't tear off or come unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    What I usually do,,if I know I will not be "using' the diaper. I know right about where the tapes go for a nice snug fit for me. So,, I will use a strip of white duct tape and place it on the diaper in the places where the tapes will be going
    I was referring to the Abri-Form "Premium", which is their cloth backed version. Tape may still work on that, but certainly not as good as plastic.

Default Tena

I wear deaper 24/7 and for me Tena is the best brand. my favorite are the tena slip maxi the best deaper ever or the tena slip super. Sometimetimes I use the tena lady maxy night as a reinforce for the normal deaper. I do not have a personal experience with the ultra but for sure if your pee does not exceed the absorbency I think are good!!

Ciao alberto