Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice/Thoughts Wanted

Question Advice/Thoughts Wanted

Hi all,

So, here i am wondering about alot of things but one in particular is bugging me and has been for the guts of about 6 months.

Some background knowledge first. There is this guy that i like, well, used to like as a friend but now things have got to the point where i think i have fell for him, i.e. have a "crush" on him. I know some people will probably laugh but its me being honest. Anyway, i have known him for around 6 months and we are very good mates and talk to each other mostly everyday and tell each other everything. I don't know if he is gay or straight, although i can confirm he has alot of friends that are girls.

Anyway, moving on, i was just wondering if you could give me your thoughts on the following questions, "Do you think he has a crush on me?" and "What should i do, if you were me?" And please, your thoughts only to answer the questions :P

So, why do you ask this i hear you say. Below are several things that has happened between us in the past and i am not sure if i am looking into things too much or not but if you can help me it would be great.

Ok, so, we talk to each other nearly every day. When i mean this, i mean through texting/calling/face to face if we are both free due to my shift work patterns and his school life. He invites me places and if i dont go, he always gives the puppydog face and says "i will miss you". Also, he always sends "xoxo" at the end of messages, however somtimes they tend to be varied in length. He regularly tells me "i love you". He also told me once he heard a really good song and for me to download and listen to it, the song was Snow Patrol - signal fire. The song is hard to describe, i just suggest you youtube it and listen yourselves. He has phoned me up before and asked "...Im standing infront of a mirror constantly chaning my hair style. Does this make me gay?..." and "... my ass is wet, i need to go." He has also said (quite recently) "... im dressing up as a transformer, so i can transform into a sofa so you can sit on me..." and everyone says, "...We have a bromance..." Finally, i always catch him looking at me, although sometimes he looks away quickly when i catch him.

When we are together its like a i can feel something between us, its kind of strange.

All these things make me question in my mind and i suppose the only way to definatly find out is to ask, but at the minute i don't want to ruin our friendship and because of the other fact is that he is my friend's brother!

So, sorry about the long winded post but if you have any thoughts or ideas, then let me know

Thanks
    Flight Sim Pro

I don't think it will ruin your friendship. You obviously feel like something should be happening. I'd go for it! Ask him if he wants to go out with you, and if he says no, just wind it down and still be friends. Stranger things have happened. :P

But in a sense im not sure about asking him as i don't want to offend him :/

Honestly, with the 'xoxo' and the sadface, either he's baiting you or he wants you more than a friend. He's longing for extra attention, so I'm pretty sure if you ask him to see a movie with you he would surely take up the offer.

I think he's all but sent you an engraved invitation. I suppose you could let him get you drunk and then put the moves on you. Trust me, he will.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think he's all but sent you an engraved invitation.
    Sure seems like it to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think he's all but sent you an engraved invitation. I suppose you could let him get you drunk and then put the moves on you. Trust me, he will.
    I agree with RoaldWolf, Kite, radar12, and dogboy.... the movie invite seems safe enough. Or going out for a few drinks, could loosen the tongue... you clearly like him, so give it a shot! You could even casually talk about the "don't ask don't tell" and what he might think about that.... or even gay marriage rights. Just hypothetical questions, of course.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating - I'd eat him. It sounds like a perfect match to me. Go for it! Good luck

Thanks for all the replies, yes, i agree will you all although i think im going to have to be tactical about this as the last thing i want is this spilling out everywhere and his brother (a very good friend of mine) turn sour against me.

I suppose slipping a few questions about homosexuality in could work, now i guess i will just have to think about how to word them.

Why can people not just be upfront and tell you things instead of messing with your head? urgh.

Flight Sim Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FlightSimPro View Post
    Why can people not just be upfront and tell you things instead of messing with your head? urgh.
    You know, unless you've told him you have a crush on him, you're not being upfront either.