Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modifying Goodnights

Default Modifying Goodnights

So I bought a pack of XL Goodnights and they don't quite make it to my waist without bursting on one side.

I have a 38" waist and I'm 6' tall, about 200 lbs. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have such big hips. XD

Anyway that I can modify the sides so they won't rip? I'm thinking duck tape, but I'm not sure..

Any advice?

Take one and tear the sides off (the side with the tape stuff), then use them to extend both sides of the goodnite. That's the only thing I can think of.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The only thing I can suggest is before putting them on stretching them out. That usually works for me, and I'm about the same size as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Catinthehat View Post
    I have a 38" waist and I'm 6' tall, about 200 lbs. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have such big hips. XD
    Try this: Using scissors, remove a few inches of the elastic right above the leg hole on each side. See if that helps. Hips were part of the problem for me, but leg circumference was the biggest issue. It would cause the elastic to pop at the bottom, and then the tear would run all the way up the side in the blink of an eye! Removing a few inches of the elastic allowed me to wear them somewhat comfortably without immediately popping them.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Try this: Using scissors, remove a few inches of the elastic right above the leg hole on each side. See if that helps. Hips were part of the problem for me, but leg circumference was the biggest issue. It would cause the elastic to pop at the bottom, and then the tear would run all the way up the side in the blink of an eye! Removing a few inches of the elastic allowed me to wear them somewhat comfortably without immediately popping them.

Fingers crossed!
    Shall I cut a few inches off near the seam (the side part where they meet) or near the butt area? :P

Shall I cut a few inches off near the seam (the side part where they meet) or near the butt area? :P
    I'd say remove the same amount all the way along the top of the leg hole. I.e., so that the whole top of the leg hole moves up by 3" or so, at the center seam as well as at both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I'd say remove the same amount all the way along the top of the leg hole. I.e., so that the whole top of the leg hole moves up by 3" or so, at the center seam as well as at both ends.
    Oh oh! Okay! Make the leg holes bigger in circumference. XD I'll try that tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.

Oh oh! Okay! Make the leg holes bigger in circumference. XD I'll try that tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Heheh... Yup. A picture would have been nice, but I'm out of Goodnites and my explanations kind of suck. Sorry! Hope it works!!

I'm close to your size and goodnights are what I typically get. Duck tape wont really work at all unfortunately... I've tried. But if you put it on slowly and carefully and wear it for 20 minutes or so then take it off it should stretch out enough to wear it comfortably.

I'm interested to see if the whole "cutting the elastic" thing works too. Keep us posted

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

I tried it It works! I took about 1 inch of the elastic away from the sides, and i slid it up carefully, and it fits well enough!

Yay!