Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Tena Slip Maxi Changed?

Question Has Tena Slip Maxi Changed?

I've started this thread as a follow on from a discussion that was taking place on the IRC channel.

A number of members who use Tena Slip Maxi (the good plastic backed taped style ones in the EU/UK) have reported that they seem to have become much more prone to leaks at the leg gathers.

I'm trying to find out if it actually is due to a design change or something. If so I might consider raising it with Tena as it seems that one of the best adult diapers available has suddenly become quite poor.

Anyone else aware of this or who can share their experiences?

I didn't notice anything like that but might be that I'm still using the pre "upgrade" Tena Maxi. However, they do leak slightly along the wetness indicator. Nothing serious, but it is annoying and I prefer to use plastic pants as extra protection.

The Australian ones seem to be fine I'm not sure if they are the old or new ones though as I have only just started using them.

i did notice that when i wore the tenas, they often leaked on me (whereas the abenas i have no problems with). But i put that down to the fact that they aren't exactly the right kind of cut for me. But it may be because they changed something which is something that i didn't really consider.

I just got the Tena Slip Supers (We don't have Slip Maxis in the US) it's cloth backed yet it held like 5-6 wettings before it started showing signs of leakage (and I do 7-10second floods, I know some of you may do longer)

Anyways, thing is I actually like them more than the Abena X-Plus... I know I'm weird lol.

Even Tena Slip Super is plastic backed here...

I'm still wondering if the design has changed though - hard to say so far.

I've never had any problems with leaking as much as press out but I guess that's to be expected with any diaper that has such a high amount of SAP. I buy in bulk since I'm in the States and have to order them from Europe so I may not have the newest production run of them. I have always noticed that the elastic gathers on them do seem to be a little more loose than other brands but that's what makes them zoo comfortable. I have always been surprised that they don't leak because of the loose leg gathers and the fact that both tapes are much higher and thus not as tight around the legs.

Is it possible that you have lost weight recently and maybe they just don't fit as snugly as before?

CGH, We only have Tena "Supers" here. Not "Slip Supers", they are completely different looking in every way, cloth backed, and do not have leak guards.

But in the IRC did you say the leg gatherers are breaking down over time, or are they not as good right out of the bag?

It may be that (like a lot of mass market products) manufacturers find it hard to always get consistency of supply for the stuff they need for the manufacturing process. I have not noticed any changes in design of the Tena Slips I buy - 3 packs every 2-4 weeks, but i do think the "filling" varies a little from time to time. The machining of the leg gathers is quite complex and I would not be surprised if there was sometimes a slight variation at that point in manufacture. I find the size you use is quite important - I can fit at the top end of one size and a the lower end of the other - one is much more prone to leaks from the legs - but "by the book" I should be equally secure in either size.

I reckon Tena are very good at quality control, but have occasionally had missing tapes or even on one occasion pin holes in the plastic backing that resulted in a "polka dot" pattern of leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    CGH, We only have Tena "Supers" here. Not "Slip Supers", they are completely different looking in every way, cloth backed, and do not have leak guards.

But in the IRC did you say the leg gatherers are breaking down over time, or are they not as good right out of the bag?
    Ah ok, confusingly named products then

They normally fit pretty good to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    It may be that (like a lot of mass market products) manufacturers find it hard to always get consistency of supply for the stuff they need for the manufacturing process. I have not noticed any changes in design of the Tena Slips I buy - 3 packs every 2-4 weeks, but i do think the "filling" varies a little from time to time. The machining of the leg gathers is quite complex and I would not be surprised if there was sometimes a slight variation at that point in manufacture. I find the size you use is quite important - I can fit at the top end of one size and a the lower end of the other - one is much more prone to leaks from the legs - but "by the book" I should be equally secure in either size.

I reckon Tena are very good at quality control, but have occasionally had missing tapes or even on one occasion pin holes in the plastic backing that resulted in a "polka dot" pattern of leaks.
    I'm also on the boundary between two sizes (small and medium). It could be due to slight variations, but it seems odd that it's suddenly got so much worse and isn't just a few diapers or even one pack and to this extent as well...