Thread: Hola mis amigos que me asustan - Nerd/Musician from NJ

overclockedP4

Default Hola mis amigos que me asustan - Nerd/Musician from NJ

Hi I'm Greg. I'm 15 years old and I am a sophomore in high school. I do fairly well in school and take several honors courses as well as two AP courses; Music Theory and American History. I am fairly fluent at spanish and have been studying (productively) for 4 years now (Honors Spanish IV).

When I am not procrastinating at school, I spend my time as the musician/nerd of the family. I play a total of 7 instruments fluently (bassoon, alto sax, tenor sax, bari sax, flute, clarinet, trumpet) and I'm currently learning trombone. I also play lead tenor in my school's honors jazz band. I've been playing wind instruments since 8th grade when I started on alto sax, and my main instrument is baritone saxophone, with my inspiration and sound goal being Gerry Mulligan. I only play winds, because I feel they allow a player to feel like the instrument is an extension of them, although I have considered learning violin or cello just to see what it's like.

Outside of music, I am the town's biggest nerd, having built and repaired several computers, replacing dvd drive motherboards, reflowing bga chips, and flashing custom firmware (dd-wrt) on routers via a ttl cable. I also have a fair amount of knowledge involving electrical engineering.

I also have a few hobbies, including role-playing games such as Final Fantasy 7, Lost Odyssey, Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda. I also love anime, especially mech anime like Gundam, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass.

I am currently deciding between electrical engineering and something to do with music (education, instrument engineering) for my college major.

(p.s: If anyone is a computer nerd, join OCN. It's the best computer related forum I've ever seen.)

Hello, and welcome to adisc.

I see you are an OCN nerd. What's your user name on there? I'll shoot you a pm.

overclockedP4

@Mandy: My OCN user name is "gregory" concatenated with "121295". I must say, Overclock.net is the largest tech forum I've ever encountered and I've grown at least ten-fold in my knowledge of all things computer related simply from lurking for the past year or so.
    Last edited by overclockedP4; 02-Nov-2011 at 10:57.

Dude...don't put your other username on here. You'll get found. Welcome to Adisc though, from a fellow New Jersey native. I hope you have power :P, it's cold out there!

You put a Spanish title. I'm wildly guessing you're French I'm currently studying Spanish at school.

¡Hola! Me llamo Ryan. Tengo catorce años. Mi cumpleaños en el cinqo de marzo. Me gusta mucho juego al baloncesto et me encanta juego al fútbol.

Just a short paragraph I won't go into detail

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

overclockedP4

@xxthatguyxx: If anyone were to find my user name here, they'd have to be looking for it here, which would put them in an awkward position.

@xboxgamer123: I'm ~%85 german, and the rest is a mix of irish, italian, and czechoslovakian -- Veo que se encantan los deportes. Cuánto tiempo ha estado estudiando el lenguaje de espanol? (p.s: Te puedo tutear?)
    (I see you love sports. How long have you been studying the Spanish language?)
    (p.s: May I speak to you in the tu form?)

Quote Originally Posted by overclockedP4 View Post
    @xxthatguyxx: If anyone were to find my user name here, they'd have to be looking for it here, which would put them in an awkward position.

@xboxgamer123: I'm ~%85 german, and the rest is a mix of irish, italian, and czechoslovakian -- Veo que se encantan los deportes. Cuánto tiempo ha estado estudiando el lenguaje de espanol? (p.s: Te puedo tutear?)
    (I see you love sports. How long have you been studying the Spanish language?)
    (p.s: May I speak to you in the tu form?)
    Google crawl bots get this site, i speak from experience. I put a username i use commonly on here and sure enough a crawl bot found it.

Bienvenido, es un placer tenerte por aca =P im from colombia, so my first languageits spanis, why are you scared? (his title is: Hello my friends that scares me) =P Wow, you play a lot of instruments, i was lerning violin, but unfortntly im not a very good musician (i tried trumpet too =P). I love computers too, but i jsut know the basics, im deciding between biomedical engeenering and medicine, ill probably study both of them =P

welcome to adisc!