Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Diaper-Obtaining Experience

Default Your Worst Diaper-Obtaining Experience

So when it comes to buying or otherwise getting my hands on diapers, my childhood is full of some of the most awkward, difficult, or otherwise embarrassing situations I can imagine. I must have at least 10 distinct memories to share, but for the sake of brevity I'll just start with the worst:

I was maybe 10 or 11 at the time, at my neighbor's house playing with their youngest son who had just recently finished potty training. While exploring the house I discovered an old package of diapers. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity and being way too imaginative for my own good, I invented a "game" which required the kid to diaper some of my stuffed animals. Simple idea really: get them diapered, bring them home, and voila! New stash.

Well I did manage to score at least one diaper out of the deal, bringing one of the stuffed animals back to my house and then getting ready to go back for more...only his mom came home in the interim. I can't remember the exact details, but somewhere in the course of leaving to go back over I ended up in a phone conversation with her (not about the "game" thankfully!), and in the background I could hear the kid telling her all about the game we played. Needless to say I was mortified, and since then definitely drifted out of touch with a family I was once really close with.

So, what's your worst experience when it comes to getting some diapers?

Yipes!

I'm sure there are some doozies around here! My own stories are pretty dull and boring, not because they weren't shows of incredible diaper-desire-fueled nerve, but because nothing bad happened. I suppose, in that regard, my first experience buying disposable baby diapers for myself was my worst experience, simply because of how absolutely nervous and red-faced I was as a 13-year-old boy showing up at the cashier with a bag of Pampers for girls. It was concurrently my best experience, however, as it kicked the door open for many more less-embarrassing diaper purchases.

I did also grab a diaper from time to time when at houses where diapers were around. I'm not proud of that, but that was also literally decades ago, so I've come to terms with it! Mostly, when I recall those things, I'm not so much ashamed as I am relieved that I was never caught, as there were certainly more than a few opportunities for things to go terribly wrong. But then, simply being a kid is one gigantic opportunity for things to go wrong, I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I did also grab a diaper from time to time when at houses where diapers were around. I'm not proud of that, but that was also literally decades ago, so I've come to terms with it!
    Yeah, I was a little diaper-thief as a kid but as an adult there are definitely feelings of shame that come with it. I certainly didn't seem to grasp the fact that little kids make excellent tattle-tales, as the OP isn't my only experience getting found out like that.

I've actually done similar things as the OP did, like making games to get diapers, and yes occasionally I did take diapers, but only when I was younger, and although I feel bad about it now, I didn't at the time, though probably because I was a kid. Getting diapers when you are younger is sometimes difficult, and buying them never even crossed my mind back then, because the simple thought of having to go into a store to buy them scared the hell out of me. Its soooooo much better when you get older and have the ability to buy them online, to this day I am still scared of getting them in stores, although I do when I have no other options.

Getting diapers was and is uneventful, mostly because of bedwetting, but I've had many a time that I had bad experiences wearing.

The first one that comes to mind is one that happened 5/6 years ago when I was at a my first overnight summer camp (yep, the first time I whet away to summer camp was when I was 10/11 YO) and my cabin had woken up later then usual and I had to wear a, quite full, Depend pull-ups to breakfast. Luckily (unlike most of the nights I was there) it hadn't leaked so my pyjamas were still dry. I always thought "I hope nobody notices".

*sigh* Good times.

I ordered a couple of packages of nappies by mailorder, ensuring carefully with the company that they are discreetly packet. They duly reassured me that they are plainly packed, with nothing suspicion printed on the label.

When I came back home a few days later I found the infamous delivery postcard telling me that the package was with my neighbour. A bit apprehensive but still pretty confident that it would be all right, I went to the neighbour to collect the package. Then I saw it. Plainly packed it was ... but torn open on the side with the contents clearly visible. You can imagine how I felt.

That is a felony. Tampering with someone's mail is wrong and illegal.

When I was 6-7 we still had some diapers because my brother was around 2 and I remember taking one into the bathroom when I was going to go shower. I had to hide it under my shirt because of how our old house was set up when people were in the living room you could see down the hall. so anyway I brought it into the bathroom and used it only to realized I had nowhere to put it and some reason decided just to put it in the bathroom trash can. Bad idea. Not long after it my parent noticed it and knew that it was me. They didn't get mad but just laughed about it and said not do do it again. That was the only time that I can remember getting caught or the only time anyone mentioned it. Its funny how stupid I could be when I was younger.

TeenTB1996

Probably trying to,steal one from the garage, and then as I walk down the hall way he stops me and says, wat I got behind my back, so I just ran, to the restroom and told him I was holding it in

Quote Originally Posted by dimpfelad View Post
    I ordered a couple of packages of nappies by mailorder, ensuring carefully with the company that they are discreetly packet. They duly reassured me that they are plainly packed, with nothing suspicion printed on the label.

When I came back home a few days later I found the infamous delivery postcard telling me that the package was with my neighbour. A bit apprehensive but still pretty confident that it would be all right, I went to the neighbour to collect the package. Then I saw it. Plainly packed it was ... but torn open on the side with the contents clearly visible. You can imagine how I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlew View Post
    That is a felony. Tampering with someone's mail is wrong and illegal.
    Rlew, what postal workers in many areas sometimes do is leave your packages with a neighbor when you are not home. It can be very annoying, especially if you have a bad relationship with your neighbor, or you feel that they cannot be trusted. So, it's still your mail, but at someone else's house.

Anyway, my worst diaper obtaining experience was when I tried to get free samples through the mail under a fake name (I know it's technically illegal, but I was kind of desperate at the time, and do not wish to encourage it). I did this many times, and although I was never found out, it was a very awkward and unfun experience.